Piatt County, Illinois GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Piatt County, Illinois|
Location of Illinois in the U.S.
|Founded:||January 27, 1841|
|Address|| 101 West Washington Street|
Monticello, IL 61856
|Named for: James A. Piatt|
|This Illinois-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
- 1841--Piatt County was created 27 January 1841 from DeWitt and Macon Counties. County seat: Monticello 
Places / Localities
The following have information concerning African American research.
- African American Research (US) has more information about the kinds of records
- Illinois State Archives pamphlet on African American Research describes what records are at the State Archives with an online method for ordering records.
- African-American Resources for Illinois
Archives and Libraries
Illinois Regional Archives Depository (IRAD)
Illinois State Universtiy (ISU)
2016 Warehouse Road Campus
Normal, Illinois 61802
Illinois Regional Archives Depository System - Local Governmental Records Listings Arranged by County
Illinois cemetery records often identify birth, death, relationship, and military information, as well as religious affiliation.
- Find A Grave can be searched by the name of a person or family to find where a person is buried. Usually gives birth and death dates often with a picture of the tombstone. May give obituaries, names of family members and links to their information in Find A Grave.
- Find A Grave also gives a list of cemeteries in Piatt County and links to the information for the individuals buried there.
- Piatt Co. IL USGenWeb Tombstone Project usually gives the names of the deceased in alphabetical order by last name with birth and death dates plus any remarks.
- Illinois Cemeteries by county.
- The Family History Library Catalog lists some records of cemeteries in Piatt County. Some of the books or others may be on Google Books or available at public libraries.
- ePodunk list of Piatt County cemeteries gives the names of the cemeteries in the county with a link to more information such as address, phone number, and web site.
|IL Counties 1900-1990|
1841-1911 Circuit Court record - IRAD-ISU
1854-1878 Circuit Court Dockets - IRAD-ISU
1859-1878 Circuit Court Default judgement record - IRAD-ISU
1841-1918 Deed Index -IRAD-ISU
1840-1931 Deed Records -IRAD-ISU
18861-1874 Chattel Mortgage Records -IRAD-ISU
1865-1891 Mortgage Record - IRAD-ISU
- Civil War
Civil War service men from Piatt County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies or regiments that were formed from men of Piatt County.
- - 73rd Regiment, Illinois Infantry, Company D.
1858-1872 Naturalization Record, Circuit Court -IRAD-ISU
1864-1880 Naturalization Record Final, Circuit Court - IRAD-ISU
1864-1880 Naturalization Record Final, County Court - IRAD-ISU
1864-1888 Naturalization record of Soldiers and Minors, Couty Court -IRAD-ISU
1870-1880 Naturalization record of Minors, Circuit Court - IRAD-ISU
1888-1901 Naturaliation of Minors, County Court -IRAD-ISU
1843-1901 Probate Record - IRAD-ISU
1850-1961 Probate Will Record - IRAD-ISY
1859-1915 Probate Guardian's record - IRAD-ISU
1861-1869 Probate Inventory, Appraisement and Sale Record - IRAD-ISU
1869-1905 Probate Inventory Record - IRAD-ISU
1835-1854 Taxable lands Lists - IRAD-ISU
Societies and Libraries
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).