Pickaway County, Ohio GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 03:03, 18 September 2012 by Jmheer
|This Ohio-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
|Pickaway County, Ohio|
Location of Ohio in the U.S.
|Created||March 1, 1810|
|Address|| Pickaway County Courthouse|
207 S. Court St.
Circleville, Ohio 43113
Pickaway County Website
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|*For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent Counties: Formed from Fairfield, Franklin, and Ross Counties 12 January 1810.
- County Seat: Circleville
- Neighboring Counties: Pickaway County, Ohio Genealogy residents may also have records in Licking (north) · Athens (south) · Fairfield (west) · Hocking (southwest) · Muskingum (northwest) · Morgan (east)
See an interactive map of Pickaway County boundary changes.
Business Records and Commerce
Census and Directories
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
Land and Property
- Multiple Wars
- - Pickaway County, Ohio Military Records has information about Pickaway County and its citizens in the Revolutionary War, War of 1812, Civil War, and many other wars.
- Civil War
Civil War service men from Stark County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Stark County.
- - 1st Regiment, Ohio Cavalry, Company C, also known as "Pope's Escort" and "Shield's Body Guard" and Company E
- - 24th Regiment, Ohio Infantry, Company A
- - 114th Regiment, Ohio Infantry, Companies A, B, C, E, F, and K
Naturalization and Citizenship
Family History Centers
- Pickaway County, Ohio Death Records
- Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953 Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as birth date of deceased, city, county, and state of death, name of spouse if married, names of parents, maiden name of mother, name of informant, if deceased was single, married, windowed or divorced, occupation of deceased.
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Pickaway County, Ohio. Page 545 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ Wikipedia contributors, "Pickaway County, Ohio" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pickaway_County,_Ohio (accessed 10 May 2012).