Pike County, AlabamaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Alabama-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
|Dates for major county records|
|For earlier dates, try...|
|Remember these collections|
|Pike County, Alabama|
Location in the state of Alabama
Location of Alabama in the U.S.
|Founded||December 17, 1821|
Pike County Alabama
120 W Church Street
P O Box 1147
Troy, Alabama 36081
Probate Judge has marriage, probate and land recrods from 1830
Birth Records 1881-1904 Death Records 1881-1891 and 1902-1905 
1828 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
For tips on accessing Pike County, Alabama census records online, see: Alabama Census.
LDS Ward and Church Records
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers
- Troy Alabama Family History Center
- 790 Elba Hwy
Troy, Pike, Alabama, United States
Hours: Th, Sun by appointment
- 790 Elba Hwy
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Pike County, Alabama Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Pike County p. 39. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback