Pittsburgh Pennsylvania Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Our location is in Greentree, just off the Parkway West. But we also are close to Carnegie, Collier Township, Robinson Township, Heidelberg, Crafton and the western suburbs of Pittsburgh. We are close to all areas reached by the Parkway West and Interstate 79. We are also very close to the North, South and West Sides of Pittsburgh.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location and Map:
- Address: Pittsburgh Pennsylvania Family History Center
46 School Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15220
- Location on Map
- Ask a Librarian has a form to fill out and advice on asking questions.
Open Hours: Tuesday: 10:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m., Thursday: 10 a.m. - 8 p.m., Sat.: 10:00 a.m.- 1:00 p.m.
Holiday Schedule: Closed in August, Thanksgiving Week and Christmas Week until after New Year's Day.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- We have over 1,000 films found on the Family History Library Catalog on site and hundreds of books, phamplets and microfiche in our collection which started in 1978.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- We have four computers and access to a wide format printer in addition to our pinter, copier and scanner. There is a Canon Digital Imaging System to make copies of films, paperwork and photographs that can also be saved to a flashdrive We also have two Minolta reader/printers that quickly printer out hard paper copies of film or fiche.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback