Pleasant Grove Utah Grove Creek Family History Center
From FamilySearch Wiki
m (→Center Contacts and Hours)
|Line 7:||Line 7:|
'''Location & Map:'''
'''Location & Map:'''
''(Include information about your center that would be helpful for first time visitors such which entrance in the building to use, parking, etc. Use as many or as few bullet points as needed.)<br>''
'''Open Hours: Tuesday-Thursday 9:00 am-12:00 pm
Tuesday-Thursday9:00 am-12:00 pm
Revision as of 13:58, 3 August 2012
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- (Address:' 1176 N 730 E, PLEASANT GROVE, UTAH 84062
- (Include information about your center that would be helpful for first time visitors such which entrance in the building to use, parking, etc. Use as many or as few bullet points as needed.)
- Location on Map
- Tuesday-Thursday: 9:00 am-12:00 pm
- Sunday: 6:00-9:00 pm
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
Purposes of Center Resources:
1. Provide Family History Consultation to local members, other local residents, and more distant individuals and organizations.
2. Provide a means to order and to read fiche and microfilm from the Family History Library.
3. Support members in compiling their 4 generation pedigrees.
4. Support members who choose to research their families beyond 4 generations.
5. Provide support, materials and guides to local sources foir writing stories (histories) of pioneers and other local people.
6. Support and coordinate indexing of local family history records.
7. Cooperate with other local record keeping, historical and lineage organizations
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- Catalog of holdings of the Center
- Books - 1. General genealogic textbooks
- 2. Reference books - Gazetteers, dictionaries
- 3. Genealogic data sources - Black's book on Nauvoo people
- 4. Indexes - Index to people in the Pleasant Grove Review
- Fiche - General topics as supplied by the FHL
- 1. Pleasant Grove Burials
- 2. Early Pleasant Grove LDS Membership Records
- 3. Burials and early LDS Memberhip records for nearby areas of Northern Utah County
- 4. Scattered records for other places in Utah
- 5. A few records for other US states
- 6. International films depend on the interests of patrons, some examples are from Germany, Switzerland and Italy
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Personal Family History Programs
- 1. Rootsmagic
- 2. Legacy
- 3. Anccestral Quest
- 4. PAF
- 5. Family Insight
- 6. No Mac programs are in the center
Hardware and Equipment
- (Include the resources you have to help individuals do their research - computers, microfilm readers, printers, etc. )
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More