Pleasant Grove Utah Grove Creek Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Anyone is welcome to visit our center. We specifically serve four Pleasant Grove LDS stakes: Grove Creek, Timpanogos, Garden and Pleasant Grove. Our director is Rayanne Melick who can be reached at 1-801-796-8805 (or email@example.com) for tours or special appointments.
Location & Map:
- Address: 1176 N 730 E, PLEASANT GROVE, UTAH 84062
- Enter through Southwest entrance. The Family History Center is the second door to the left. If the outside door is locked, knock on the far west window to alert the consultant you are there.
- Location on Map
Special Note for Groups:
- We request that reservations be made for groups so that we may have adequate staffing. Please call to reserve and leave a message if you are calling outside of regular hours. We will return your call promptly. Laptops are welcome and encouraged in our center.
- Tuesday-Thursday: 9:00 am-Noon and 6:00 pm-9:00 pm
- Sunday: 6:00 pm-9:00 pm
Calendar and Events
Tuesday Night Classes
2nd Paper & Digital Organization 101
9th Searches using FamilySearch.org
16th Searches using Ancestry.com
23rd Journaling---Your Way
30th Personal Databases…Do I Need One?
7th Scanning Pictures/Documents (Bring 5 items to scan)
14th Wikis on FamilySearch.org
21st Using Fold 3 (Military Records)
28th Family Reunion Ideas
4th Using Family History in Family Home Evenings
11th Research Classes on FamilySearch.org
18th Using Find My Past (UK Records)
23rd Share your Family History through Blogging
Classes will begin at 7:00 pm followed by a hands-on lab at 8:00 pm. All are invited.
Please bring a laptop if possible.
Thursday Night Classes
4th Family Tree Photos and Stories
11th BYU Library and Online Resources
18th Researching LDS and Early Utah Records
25th Favorite Websites and Research Tips
2nd Family Tree Sources
9th Roots Magic Tutorial
16th Using the Family Search Catalog
23rd Family Tree Corrections
30th Basic Computer Tips and Helpful Software
6th Scandinavian Research
13th Legacy Family Tree Tutorial
20th Effective Sharing and Collaboration
27th Writing Your Own Life History
The center is open 6-9pm. classes start at 7pm and run for about an hour.
All ages and skill levels welcome.
1176 N. 730 E., Pleasant Grove
Please bring a laptop if available.
Purposes of Center Resources:
1. Provide Family History Consultation to local members, other local residents, and more distant
individuals and organizations.
2. Provide a means to order and to read fiche and microfilm from the Family History Library.
3. Support members in compiling their 4 generation pedigrees.
4. Support members who choose to research their families beyond 4 generations.
5. Provide support, materials and guides to local sources foir writing stories (histories) of pioneers and other local people.
6. Support and coordinate indexing of local family history records.
7. Cooperate with other local record keeping, historical and lineage organizations
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- Catalog of holdings of the Center
- Books - 1. General genealogic textbooks
- 2. Reference books - Gazetteers, dictionaries
- 3. Genealogic data sources - Black's book on Nauvoo people
- 4. Indexes - Index to people in the Pleasant Grove Review
- Fiche - General topics as supplied by the FHL
- 1. Pleasant Grove Burials.
- 2. Early Pleasant Grove LDS Membership Records.
- 3. Micro-film copies of early Pleasant Grove newpaper - Pleasant Grove Review.
- 4. Burials and early LDS Memberhip records for nearby areas of Northern Utah County.
- 5. Scattered records for other places in Utah.
- 6. A few records for other US states.
- 7. International films depend on the interests of patrons. Some examples are from Germany, Switzerland and Italy (click here for list of films on permanent loan)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Personal Family History Programs
- 1. Rootsmagic
- 2. Legacy
- 3. Anccestral Quest
- 4. PAF
- 5. Family Insight
- 6. No Mac programs are in the center
Hardware and Equipment
This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
8 computers :
4 microfilm readers :
2 fiche readers :
2 bw printers, one with scanning capability [note: we do not have the ability to print from microfilm or microfiche, however you can bring a digital camera]
Staff Research Specialties
Staff includes individuals who have expertize in German research and computer internet research techniques. Local volunteers are also available with expertize in Italian and Scandinavian research.
Resources in the Local Area
Ability to interface with local DUP Camps.
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)