Pleasant Grove Utah Grove Creek Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Everyone is welcome to visit our center. Our director is Rayanne Melick who can be reached at 1-801-796-8805 (or firstname.lastname@example.org) for tours or special appointments.
Location and Map:
- 1176 N 730 E, Pleasant Grove UT 84062 United States
- Enter through Southwest entrance. The Family History Center is the second door to the left. If the outside door is locked, knock on the far west window to alert the consultant you are there.
- Location on Map
Phone: 1 801-796-4511
Special Note for Groups:
- We request that reservations be made for groups so that we may have adequate staffing. Please call to reserve and leave a message if you are calling outside of regular hours. We will return your call promptly. Laptops are welcome and encouraged in our center.
- Tuesday-Thursday: 9:00 am-Noon and 6:00 pm-9:00 pm
- Sunday: 6:00 pm-9:00 pm
Holiday Schedule: Closed on General Conference weekends and the following holidays:
- Mother’s Day - May 11th
Memorial Day - May 26th
Father’s Day - June 15th
Independence Day - July 4th
Labor Day - September 1st
Thanksgiving - November 27th-29th
Christmas - December 23rd-January 1st
- Mother’s Day - May 11th
Calendar and Events
Thursday Night Classes
January 2: Question and Answer Hour - FamilySearch and Family Tree - Julie Wilcox
January 9: NO CLASS (Meeting for all Family History Consultants)
January 16: Researching Early LDS and Pioneer Ancestors - Julie Wilcox
January 23: Resources at Family History Libraries in Our Area - Jo Calabio
January 30: Search Techniques on Family Search - Kent Meyers
February 6: NO CLASS – ROOTS TECH CONFERENCE!
February 13: Newspapers and Family History - Julie Wilcox
February 20: Adding Information and Correcting Errors on Family Tree - Steve Whitehouse
February 27: Getting the Most out of Using ROOTSMAGIC - Julie Wilcox
March 6: Using GOOGLE for Family History - Jo Calabio
March 13: Emigration, Immigration, and Naturalization - Julie Wilcox
March 20: BRITISH Research - Kent Meyers
March 27: Military Records - Julie Wilcox
All ages and skill levels are welcome. Laptops are welcome as well.
The center is open 6-9pm. Classes start at 7 pm and run for about an hour.
All ages and skill levels welcome.
1176 N. 730 E., Pleasant Grove
Please bring a laptop if available.
Purposes of Center Resources:
1. Provide Family History Consultation to local members, other local residents, and more distant
individuals and organizations.
2. Provide a means to order and to read fiche and microfilm from the Family History Library.
3. Support members in compiling their 4 generation pedigrees.
4. Support members who choose to research their families beyond 4 generations.
5. Provide support, materials and guides to local sources foir writing stories (histories) of pioneers and other local people.
6. Support and coordinate indexing of local family history records.
7. Cooperate with other local record keeping, historical and lineage organizations
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- Catalog of holdings of the Center
- Books - 1. General genealogic textbooks
- 2. Reference books - Gazetteers, dictionaries
- 3. Genealogic data sources - Black's book on Nauvoo people
- 4. Indexes - Index to people in the Pleasant Grove Review
- Fiche - General topics as supplied by the FHL
- 1. Pleasant Grove Burials.
- 2. Early Pleasant Grove LDS Membership Records.
- 3. Micro-film copies of early Pleasant Grove newpaper - Pleasant Grove Review.
- 4. Burials and early LDS Memberhip records for nearby areas of Northern Utah County.
- 5. Scattered records for other places in Utah.
- 6. A few records for other US states.
- 7. International films depend on the interests of patrons. Some examples are from Germany, Switzerland and Italy (click here for list of films on permanent loan)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Personal Family History Programs
- 1. Rootsmagic
- 2. Legacy
- 3. Anccestral Quest
- 4. PAF
- 5. Family Insight
- 6. No Mac programs are in the center
Hardware and Equipment
This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
8 computers :
4 microfilm readers :
2 fiche readers :
2 bw printers, one with scanning capability [note: we do not have the ability to print from microfilm or microfiche, however you can bring a digital camera]
Staff Research Specialties
Staff includes individuals who have expertize in German research and computer internet research techniques. Local volunteers are also available with expertize in Italian and Scandinavian research.
Resources in the Local Area
Ability to interface with local DUP Camps.
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)