Polk County, Florida GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Polk County Florida genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Polk County, Florida|
Location in the state of Florida
Location of Florida in the U.S.
|Founded||February 8, 1861|
Polk County Courthouse
255 N Broadway Ave
Bartow, FL 33830-3912
Boundaries changed 1871.
Clerk Circuit Court has marriage, divorce, court, and land records from 1861. 
Quick FactsA bit of history of creation from Hillsborough County.
8 February 1861: Polk County was created from Hillsborough County.
County seat: Bartow 
Places / Localities
Bartow Historical Library, . The preceding list of places includes incorporated cities and towns, unincorporated towns and communities, and place names that may have been used in family histories. Some have well-organized records and even have web sites. Some are simply social communities with no official records, but which may be referenced in small-town newspapers. The list is provided to help researchers identify localities within the county. As records or histories of these localities are identified, a page will be added for each of these place names.
Archives and Libraries
Bartow Historical Library, Bartow, Polk Co., Florida
Willow Lawn Cemetery- African American- & obits
Jackson C. Longworth - African American Polk Co. Pioneer
For cemeteries within cities and communities, please refer to their pages.
For tips on accessing Polk County, Florida Genealogy census records online, see: Florida Census.
Church Hisory and Records
Funeral Homes and Records
Land and Property
Military History and Records
Valentine V. VanHuss -FLGenWeb Project,Inc.
Societies and Libraries, and Museums
Family History Centers
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers
- Lake Hamilton Florida Family History Center (Haines City)
- Lakeland Florida Family History Center
- Valdosta Florida Family History Center
- Family History Library Catalog
- Polk County, Florida Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Polk County, FLGenWeb Project, Inc.
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Polk County, Florida Page 136 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ WorldCat 50140092 FHL Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed.] (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002)
|This Florida-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.