Portugal, Castelo Branco, Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes a collection of historical records scheduled to become available at FamilySearch.org.|
Title in the Language of the Record
| This section is incomplete.
You can help by adding a translation of the title in the language of the records.
Copies of baptism, marriage, and burial records created by Catholic parishes in the district of Castelo Branco. Additional images will be published as they become available.
Citation for This Collection
The following citation refers to the original source of the data and images published on FamilySearch.org. It may include the author, custodian, publisher and archive for the original records.
- Catholic Parishes in Castelo Branco. Portugal, Castelo Branco, Catholic Church Records. Dioceses in Castelo
Information about creating source citations for FamilySearch Historical Collections is found in the wiki article Help:How to Create Source Citations For FamilySearch Historical Records Collections.
Key genealogical information found in most baptismal records:
- Date and place of the event
- Name of the person baptized
- Gender and date of birth or age
- If legitimate or illegitimate
- Parents’ names and residence or places of origin
- Names of the paternal and maternal grandparents
- Names of the godparents
Key genealogical information found in most marriage records:
- Date and place of the event
- Names of the bride and groom
- Sometimes their civil statuses (widowed, single, divorced) at the time of the event
- Places of origin or residence of the bride and groom
- Parents’ names and their civil statuses
- Names of the witnesses
Key genealogical information found in most deaths records:
- Place and date where the person died
- Name of the deceased
- Civil status and name of the spouse, if married at the time of death
- Place of burial
- Parents’ names
- Cause of death
How to Use the Record
When browsing this collection it is helpful to know the following:
- The place where the event occurred
- The name and surname of the person
- The approximate date of the event
- The name of the parents or spouse
To search this collection select "Browse through images" on the initial collection page ⇒Select the Distrito where you ancestors lived ⇒Select the appropriate Município ⇒Select the appropriate Freguesia ⇒Select the appropriate Paróquia ⇒Select the record type, and you should see images of those records.
When you have located your ancestor’s record, carefully evaluate each piece of information given. These pieces of information may give you new biographical details that can lead you to other records about your ancestors. Add this new information to your records of each family.
Related Wiki Articles
- Civil Registration offices in Portugal
- Portugal Baptism (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Portugal Marriages (FamilySearch Historical Records)
Contributions to This Article
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. Guidelines are available to help you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide. If you would like to get more involved join the WikiProject FamilySearch Records.|
Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
A suggested format for keeping track of records that you have searched is found in the wiki article Help:How to Cite FamilySearch Collections.
Citation Example for a Record Found in This Collection
|This citation example isn't from this collection. You can help by replacing this example with a citation for a record found in this collection.|
“Argentina, Buenos Aires, Catholic Church Records, 1635-1981,” images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org: accessed 28 February, 2012), La Plata > San Ponciano > Matrimonios 1884-1886 > image 71 of 389 images, Artemio Avendano and Clemtina Peralta, 1884; citing Parroquia de San Ponciano en la Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina, Matrimonios. San Ponciano, La Plata, Buenos Aires. When the citation has been replaced with a citation specific to the collection being described, the heading should be changed to “Citation Example for a Record Found in This Collection” in Heading style 3.
We want your opinion!
Give feedback on two US state pages by clicking on the purple button belowClick Here