Portugal, Coimbra, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes a collection of historical records scheduled to become available at FamilySearch.org.|
Title in the Language of the Record
Registro Civil de Coimbra, Portugal
Copies of civil registration marriage and death records housed at the Arquivo da Universidade de Coimbra in Portugal. The text of the records is in Portuguese. Additional images will be published as they become available.
Citation for This Collection
The following citation refers to the original source of the data and images published on FamilySearch.org. It may include the author, custodian, publisher and archive for the original records.
- Coimbra Province clerks. Portugal, Coimbra, civil registration. Archives of the University of Coimbra, Portugal.
Birth records usually include:
- Place and date of registration
- Informant's name, age and residence
- Child's name
- Place and date of birth
- Parents' names
Marriage records usually include:
- Place and date of registration
- Name of groom
- Groom’s place of origin and residence
- Groom’s age
- Groom’s marital status
- Name of bride
- Bride’s place of origin and residence
- Bride’s age
- Bride’s marital status
- Groom’s parents' names and their place of origin
- Bride’s parents' names and their place of origin
Death records usually include:
- Place and date of death
- Name of deceased person
- Deceased place of origin
- Deceased age at time of death
- Deceased marital status, name of spouse if married
- Cause of death
- Deceased place of residence
- Place of burial
- Parents’ names and their place of origin
How to Use the Record
To search the collection you will need to follow this series of links:
⇒ Select the "Browse" link in the initial search page
⇒ Select the "Distrito" category
⇒ Select the "Município" category
⇒ Select the "Tipo de registro e anos" category which takes you to the images.
Look at the images one by one comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine which one is your ancestor. You may need to compare the information about more than one person to make this determination.
Related Wiki Articles
- Portugal, Coimbra Testament Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Portugal, Diocese of Coimbra Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
Contributions to This Article
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. Guidelines are available to help you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide. If you would like to get more involved join the WikiProject FamilySearch Records.|
Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
Citations for individual image records are available for this collection. Browse through images in this collection and click on the "Show Citation" box: Portugal, Coimbra, Civil Registration, 1893-1980
When you copy information from a record, you should list where you found the information. This will help you or others to find the record again. It is also good to keep track of records where you did not find information, including the names of the people you looked for in the records.
A suggested format for keeping track of records that you have searched is found in the wiki article Help:How to Cite FamilySearch Collections.
We want your opinion!
Give feedback on two US state pages by clicking on the purple button belowClick Here