Prince George Parish, South Carolina

From FamilySearch Wiki

(Difference between revisions)
(image)
m
Line 3: Line 3:
 
=== History  ===
 
=== History  ===
  
Prince George Parish has served [[Georgetown County, South Carolina|Georgetown]] County, South Carolina.  
+
Prince George Parish (aka Prince George Winyah Parish) has served [[Georgetown County, South Carolina|Georgetown]] County, South Carolina.  
  
 
South Carolina's "Anglican parishes were used as election districts and had responsibility for road development, care of the poor, and education."<ref>[http://archives.sc.gov/formation/ "The Formation of Counties in South Carolina,"] at the South Carolina Department of Archives and History website, accessed 21 January 2011.</ref>  
 
South Carolina's "Anglican parishes were used as election districts and had responsibility for road development, care of the poor, and education."<ref>[http://archives.sc.gov/formation/ "The Formation of Counties in South Carolina,"] at the South Carolina Department of Archives and History website, accessed 21 January 2011.</ref>  

Revision as of 16:20, 7 February 2011

United States  Gotoarrow.png  South Carolina  Gotoarrow.png  Prince George Parish

Princegeorgewinyah.jpg

Contents

History

Prince George Parish (aka Prince George Winyah Parish) has served Georgetown County, South Carolina.

South Carolina's "Anglican parishes were used as election districts and had responsibility for road development, care of the poor, and education."[1]

Founded

  • 1721

Boundary

Resources

Cemetery

  • "Inscriptions from the Churchyard of Prince George Winyah Georgetown, South Carolina," The South Carolina Historical and Genealogical Magazine, Vol. 31, No. 3 (Jul., 1930), pp. 184-208; digital version at JSTOR ($); Vol. 31, No. 4 (Oct., 1930), pp. 292-313; digital version at JSTOR ($).

Church Records and History

Websites

Wikipedia
Wikipedia has more about this subject: Prince George Winyah Episcopal Church

References

  1. "The Formation of Counties in South Carolina," at the South Carolina Department of Archives and History website, accessed 21 January 2011.