Prince George Parish, South CarolinaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Prince George Parish (aka Prince George Winyah Parish) has served Georgetown County, South Carolina.
South Carolina's "Anglican parishes were used as election districts and had responsibility for road development, care of the poor, and education."
- Borders All Saints, Prince Frederick, and St. James Santee parishes. For a map, see: Early parishes in South Carolina.
- "Inscriptions from the Churchyard of Prince George Winyah Georgetown, South Carolina," The South Carolina Historical and Genealogical Magazine, Vol. 31, No. 3 (Jul., 1930), pp. 184-208; digital version at JSTOR ($); Vol. 31, No. 4 (Oct., 1930), pp. 292-313; digital version at JSTOR ($).
Church Records and History
- Prince George Winyah Episcopal Church (official site)
- Prince George Winyah Church, The Historical Marker Database
- ↑ "The Formation of Counties in South Carolina," at the South Carolina Department of Archives and History website, accessed 21 January 2011.
We want your opinion!
Give feedback on two US state pages by clicking on the purple button belowClick Here