Prince George Parish, South CarolinaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Prince George Parish (aka Prince George Winyah Parish) has served Georgetown.
South Carolina's "Anglican parishes were used as election districts and had responsibility for road development, care of the poor, and education."
- Borders All Saints, Prince Frederick, and St. James Santee parishes. For a map, see: Early parishes in South Carolina.
- "Inscriptions from the Churchyard of Prince George Winyah Georgetown, South Carolina," The South Carolina Historical and Genealogical Magazine, Vol. 31, No. 3 (Jul., 1930), pp. 184-208; digital version at JSTOR ($); Vol. 31, No. 4 (Oct., 1930), pp. 292-313; digital version at JSTOR ($).
For a history of the parish, see Chapter 10, Prince George's Parish, Winyaw, pages 303-318, in:
- Dalcho, Frederick. An Historical Account of the Protestant Episcopal Church in South Carolina from the First Settlement of the Province, to the War of the Revolution; with Notices of the Present State of the Church in Each Parish and Some Account of the Early Civil History of Carolina, Never Before Published. Charleston: E. Thayer, 1820. FHL Film 22657; digital versions at Google Books; Internet Archive.
- Prince George Winyah Episcopal Church (official site)
- Prince George Winyah Church, The Historical Marker Database
- ↑ "The Formation of Counties in South Carolina," at the South Carolina Department of Archives and History website, accessed 21 January 2011.