Providence County, Rhode IslandEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 08:31, 24 August 2008 by Dsammy
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
There is no county government. The government is located at town and state levels.
- Formed in 1703 as Providence Plantations County.
- Renamed Providence County 16 June 1729. Named for the Divine Providence.
Societies and Libraries
Cities: Towns, Villages, Communties
- Cities: Central Falls . Cranston . East Providence . Pawtucket . Providence . Woonsocket
- Towns: Burrillville . Cumberland . Foster . Glocester . Johnston . Lincoln . North Providence . North Smithfield . Scituate
- Villages: Chepachet . Esmond . Forestdale . Georgiaville . Glendale . Hanton City . Harmony . Lime Rock . Manville . Mountaindale . Primrose . Slatersville
- Communities: Cumberland Hill . Greenville . Harrisville . Pascoag . Valley Falls
- FamilySearch.org catalog for Providence County
- The Providence County RIGenWeb Project, an member of The RIGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.