Providence County, Rhode IslandEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 04:36, 2 September 2008 by Dsammy
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
There is no county government. The government is located at town and state levels.
- Formed in 1703 as Providence Plantations County.
- Renamed Providence County 16 June 1729. Named for the Divine Providence.
Places / Localities
- Cities: Central Falls . Cranston . East Providence . Pawtucket . Providence . Woonsocket
- Towns: Burrillville . Cumberland . Foster . Glocester . Johnston . Lincoln . North Providence . North Smithfield . Scituate
- Villages: Chepachet . Esmond . Forestdale . Georgiaville . Glendale . Hanton City . Harmony . Lime Rock . Manville . Mountaindale . Primrose . Slatersville
- Communities: Cumberland Hill . Greenville . Harrisville . Pascoag . Valley Falls
Societies and Libraries
- FamilySearch.org catalog for Providence County
- The Providence County RIGenWeb Project, an member of The RIGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback