Provo Utah Sunset Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Provo Utah Sunset Family History Center is sponsored and supported by the Provo Sunset LDS Stake. Housed in the Provo Sunset 5th and 10th Wards building, we have five computers, each equipped with Internet access to premium sites through the Family History Portal. Wireless Internet is also available for those who have their own laptops.
Center Contacts and Hours
Address: 1402 South 570 West Provo, Utah 84601
- Use the the South West entrance. Ring bell on the right side of the door if the building is locked and the center is open.
- Link to map: Provo Utah Sunset Family History Center
Phone: (801) 370-6844
Sundays: 9 AM - 12:30 AM and 2 PM-4 PM (wards may be holding Family History classes in the center at these times.)
Tuesday: 9 AM -12 PM and 6 PM - 8 PM
Wedensday: 9 AM -12 PM, 1-3 PM and 6 PM - 8 PM
Thursday: 9 AM -12 PM and 6 PM - 8 PM
- Closed conference and holidays
- Closed Dec 14, 2014 thru Jan 3, 2015.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
4th Sunday of the month at 6 PM
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- The center has a small collection of early Deseret News on micofilm.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
The center has:
- Five computers
- Three microfilm readers
- Two micrfiche readers
- One laser printer, scanner
- One microforms printer/reader
Staff Research Specialties
United States Census research help: Teresa Remsburg and Rhonda Bell on Wednesday mornings.
German research help: Kathy Birch on Thursday evenings speaks german fluently.
Swedish research help: Don Johnson on Sunday mornings.
Dutch research help: Martha Johnson on Sunday mornings
Danish research help: Cindy & Mary Hansen on Sunday afternoons.
Resources in the Local Area
Volunteer at the Center
Whether LDS Church member or not, we are always looking for qualified volunteers to staff our Center. Shifts are once a week for about three hours in length:
If you are interested in serving with us,contact the center for more information.
Adding details to a FHC page article.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More