Prowers County, Colorado GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Prowers County, Colorado|
Location of Colorado in the U.S.
|Founded||April 11, 1889|
|Address|| Prowers County Courthouse|
300 S Main Street
Lamar, CO 81052-2857
Prowers County Website
County Clerk has marriage, land and some death records 1889;
District Court has divoce and court recors. County Court has probate records.
Places / Localities
Archives and Libraries
- Holly Public Library
302 South Main Street
Holly, CO 81047
- Lamar Public Library
102 East Parmenter St
Lamar, CO 81052
- Inventory of the county archives of Colorado, no. 50, Prowers County (Lamar) FHL Collection
- Compilation of cemetery records including index from four cemeteries near Lamar, Prowers, Colorado FHL Collection
For tips on accessing Prowers County, Colorado Genealogy census records online, see: Colorado Census.
Church History and Records
- Bent and Prowers Counties (Colorado) directories FHL Collection
- Polk's Lamar (Prowers County, Colorado) city directory : including Prowers County residents and ranchers FHL Collection
- Prowers County history FHL Collection
Land and Property
- The homestead years: Prowers County, Colorado FHL Collection
- Prowers County, Colorado land ownership map, 1889 FHL Collection
Military History and Records
Colorado State Archives Index to the Prowers County Amache School Teachers and Personnel for the period 1942-1945. This is an Index to the records of the teachers who were approved and hired at the Center.
Societies, Libraries and Museums
- Big Timbers Museum
Prowers County Historical Society
7515 U.S. Hwy 50
P. O. Box 929
Lamar, CO 81052
- Prowers County CO Trails to the Past
- USGenWeb Archives
- USGenWeb Archives (backup site)
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Prowers County, Colorado. Page 100 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ WorldCat 50140092 ▲ FHL Collection Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed.] (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002)
|This Colorado-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.