Putnam County, IllinoisEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Illinois-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Places / Localities
The following have information concerning African American research.
- African American Research (US) has more information about the kinds of records
- Illinois State Archives pamphlet on African American Research describes what records are at the State Archives with an online method for ordering records.
- African-American Resources for Illinois
Illinois cemetery records often identify birth, death, relationship, and military information, as well as religious affiliation.
- Find A Grave can be searched by the name of a person or family to find where a person is buried. Usually gives birth and death dates often with a picture of the tombstone. May give obituaries, names of family members and links to their information in Find A Grave. Completeness of these listings varies widely.
- Find A Grave also gives a list of cemeteries in Putnam County and links to the information for the individuals buried there. There is also a map of cemeteries in Putnam County (may not be complete). You can click on map entries to get to a particular cemetery listing.
- Putnam Co. IL USGenWeb Tombstone Project usually gives the names of the deceased in alphabetical order by last name with birth and death dates plus any remarks.
- Putdnam County Cemetery Site links by Linkpendium
- Florid and Putnam Cemeteries Transcriptions by Illinois Genealogy Trails
- Search by name Boyle Family Cemetery, Mount Palatine Cemetery, Putnam Cemetery, Saint Francis Cemetery by name by Internment.net
- Illinois Cemeteries by county (by Access 'Genealogy).
- The Family History Library Catalog lists some records of cemeteries in Putnam County. Some of the books or others may be on Google Books or available at public libraries.
- ePodunk list of Putnam County cemeteries gives the names of the cemeteries in the county with a link to more information such as address, phone number, and web site.
Societies and Libraries
- ↑ "Putnam County, Illinois," Wikipedia.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More