Putnam County, Ohio GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Ohio-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
|Putnam County, Ohio|
Location of Ohio in the U.S.
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|*For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent Counties: Formed from Shelby, Logan, Wood and Williams Counties in 1820 (1834).
- County Seat: Ottawa
- Neighboring Counties: Putnam County, Ohio Genealogy residents may also have records in Henry (north) · Allen (south) · Paulding (west) · Defiance (northwest) · Hancock (east) · Van Wert (southwest)
See an interactive map of Putnam County boundary changes.
Places / Localities
- Clevenger Cemetery, Columbus Grove BillionGraves
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953 Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as birth date of deceased, city, county, and state of death, name of spouse if married, names of parents, maiden name of mother, name of informant, if deceased was single, married, windowed or divorced, occupation of deceased.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Wikipedia contributors, "Mahoning County, Ohio" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahoning_County,_Ohio (accessed 10 May 2012).
- ↑ "Putnam County, Ohio," Wikipedia.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).