Putnam County, Ohio GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Ohio-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
|Putnam County, Ohio|
Location of Ohio in the U.S.
|Created||April 1, 1820|
|Address|| Putnam County Courthouse|
245 Main St.
Ottawa, Ohio 45875-1968
Putnam County Website
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|*For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent Counties: Formed from Shelby, Logan, Wood and Williams Counties in 1820 (1834).
- County Seat: Ottawa
- Neighboring Counties: Putnam County, Ohio Genealogy residents may also have records in Henry (north) · Allen (south) · Paulding (west) · Defiance (northwest) · Hancock (east) · Van Wert (southwest)
See an interactive map of Putnam County boundary changes.
Business Records and Commerce
- Clevenger Cemetery, Columbus Grove BillionGraves
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
Land and Property
Naturalization and Citizenship
Family History Centers
Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953 Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as birth date of deceased, city, county, and state of death, name of spouse if married, names of parents, maiden name of mother, name of informant, if deceased was single, married, windowed or divorced, occupation of deceased.
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Wikipedia contributors, "Putnam County, Ohio" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Putnam_County,_Ohio (accessed 10 May 2012).
- ↑ "Putnam County, Ohio," Wikipedia.