Quincy Illinois Family History Center
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Line 4:||Line 4:|
=== Location: ===
=== Location: ===
Revision as of 02:39, 27 August 2014
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
We would like to invite you to the Quincy Illinois Family History Center! It is available to serve members of the community free of charge. The Center is open to the public and all are encouraged to visit and let us help you find your family history!
- 210 Cardinal Terrace
Quincy IL 62301 United States
- Driving Directionsto FHC. (google maps)
- We are located in the rear of the building on the southeast corner along the south end of the building and have ADA-compatible access. Entrance is at the southeast door. Push Door bell and we will answer and open the door. The Center is immediately to the left as you enter the building. Ample free parking is available.
- Please note that this is not a mailing address. Due to limited staff, Family History Centers are unable to respond to mail inquiries.
- 210 Cardinal Terrace
Center Contact Info:
- Phone: 217-224-3220 (FHC phone)
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Quincy IL FHC Director: 309-306-2060 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours of Operation:
- Sunday: CLOSED
- Monday: CLOSED
- Tuesday: 10 am - 1 pm
- Wednesday: 10 am - 1 pm
- Thursday: 10 am - 1 pm
- Friday: 10 am - 1 pm
- Saturday: 10 am - 1 pm
NOTE: If these hours do not work with your schedule, there may be a possibility of making an appointment to use the FHC outside of these hours. To arrange a possible appointment outside of the listed hours, please call 309-306-2060.
We occasionally close unexpectedly because of inclement weather or illness. Please call for information about unexpected alterations to our normal operation hours.
Holiday Closure Schedule:
Closed for the following holidays:
- New Year's Day
- Independence Day
- Thanksgiving Day and the following Friday
- Christmas Eve to New Year's Day
Boy Scout Merit Badge
For more information about scheduling either the scouts to come to the FHC to work with staff on the Genealogy Merit Badge or to have a staff member to come to your scout troop, please call 309-306-2060.
FHC Onsite Resources
Our Patron Resources
- 4 Patron Computers (recent models)
- 2 Microfilm Readers
- 1 Microfiche Reader
- 1 Digital Camera for copying microfilm & microfiche
- 1 Multi-use printer (color scanner and b/w printer)
- 1 Photo printer
- WiFi Internet access through out the building
Free Access to Premium Online Databases
- Newspaper Archives
- Find My Past
- Godfrey Memorial Library
- Heritage Quest Online
- 19th Century British Library Newspaper Digital Archive
- Alexander Street Press - The American Civil War
- The Genealogist
- Historical Map Works Library Edition
Microfilm - Order Direct
- As part of our collection, we have several rolls of microfilm from the Family History Library on long term loan to the FHC. List of available films coming soon. Even if we do not have the film at the FHC, it can be ordered for usage at the FHC.
- Microfilms ordered and sent to the Quincy Illinois Family History Center are just $7.50 each and will be kept for 90 days at the Quincy Illinois Family Hisory Center with a 60 day extension possible.
- Microfilm must be ordered online at https://film.familysearch.org. Select the Quincy Illinois Family History Center as the default location where you would like your microfilm/microfiche to be sent. Confirmation of the order and notification of the arrival of the film at the library will be sent to patrons via email.
Calendar and Events
Check back soon for specific events and classes available at the Quincy Family History Center.
Staff Training Meetings
Resources in the Local Area
Quincy Public Library has a large area devoted to genealogy, 526 Jersey, Quincy, Illinois
Website for Local Information
Volunteer at the Center
If you would like to donate your time and talents and work with us in the library, please let us know. We would love to work with you. You can contact the director at 309-306-2060.