Randolph County, Alabama GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Alabama-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
|Dates for major county records|
|For earlier dates, try...|
|Remember these collections|
|Randolph County, Alabama|
Location in the state of Alabama
Location of Alabama in the U.S.
|Founded||December 18, 1832|
Randolph County Courthouse
P O Box 249
Wedowee, Al 36278
Probate Judge has birth and death records from 1886
marriage records from 1896, land and probate records from 1897
and military pensions 1904-1909 
1832--Randolph County was created 18 December 1832 from the Creek Cession of 1832.
County seat: Wedowee 
1896 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
- Carroll County, Georgia
- Heard County, Georgia
- Troup County, Georgia
- Alabama, Civil War Service Records of Confederate Soldiers, 1861-1865
- Alabama, Civil War Service Records of Union Soldiers, 1861-1865
- 1881-1930 - Alabama, Births and Christenings, 1881-1930 FamilySearch Historical Records Collection
- 1816-1957 - Alabama, Marriages, 1816-1957 FamilySearch Historical Records Collection
- 1881-1952 - Alabama, Deaths and Burials, 1881-1952 FamilySearch Historical Records Collection
- 1908-1974 - Alabama, Deaths, 1908-1974 FamilySearch Historical Records Collection
Nearly 14,000 Randolph County births (1881-1930) and more than 5,000 deaths and burials (1881-1952) are indexed in the Alabama Births and Christenings, 1881-1930 database at FamilySearch.org. See Alabama Births and Christenings (FamilySearch Historical Records) for more information about this database.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Randolph County, Alabama Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Randolph County p. 39. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).