Randolph County, Arkansas GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Randolph County Arkansas genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Randolph County, Arkansas|
Location in the state of Arkansas
Location of Arkansas in the U.S.
|Founded||December 18, 1832|
|Address|| Randolph County Courthouse|
107 W Broadway
Pocahontas, AR 72455
Randolph County Courthouse
107 W Broadway
Pocahontas, AR 72455
County Clerk has marriage and probate records from 1837; Circuit Clerk has divorce, land, military, and court records 1836
- 1832--Randolph County was created 18 December 1832 from Lawrence County. County seat: Pocahontas 
See an interactive map of Randolph County boundary changes.
Places / Localities
- A Census of Pensioners for Revolutionary or Military Services: With their Names, Ages, and Places of Residence, as Returned by the Marshalls of the Several Judicial Districts, Under the Act for Taking the Sixth Census]. 1841. Digital version at Google Books. 1967 reprint: FHL Collection 973 X2pc 1840. [See Arkansas, Randolph County on page 191.]
- Rejected or Suspended Applications for Revolutionary War Pensions. Washington, D.C., 1852. Reprinted by Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc., 1969, and 1991. Reprints include "an Added Index to States." FHL Collection 973 M24ur; digital version at Ancestry ($). [Includes veterans from this county; Arkansas section begins on page 439.]
- Men from this county served in the 7th Regiment, Arkansas Infantry (Union).1
- Men from this county served in Captain Ballard's Company, Arkansas Infantry (Confederate)
- Men from this county served in the 45th Regiment, Arkansas Cavalry2.
- Men from this county served in the 38th Regiment, Arkansas Infantry (Confederate)3 .
- Men from this county served in the 31st Regiment, Arkansas Infantry (Confederate), Companies A and B 4 .
1. Allen, Desmond Walls. The Seventh Arkansas Confederate Infantry (Desmond Walls Allen, Conway, Arkansas, 1988.
2. Allen, Desmond Walls. Forty-fifth Arkansas Confederate Cavalry (Desmond Walls Allen: Conway AR, 1988) p. 1.
3. Allen, Desmond Walls. Thirty-eighth Arkansas Confederate Cavalry (Desmond Walls Allen: Conway AR, 1988) p. 1.
4. Bass, Ronald R. History of the Thirty-first Arkansas Confederate Infantry (Conway, Arkansas: Arkansas Research, 1996) p. 12.
- 1836-1923 - Randolph County Marriage Books 1-19 Index 1836-1923 in International Genealogical Index at FamilySearch - free.
Societies and Libraries
Ouachita Baptist University
OBU Box 3742
Arkadelphia, AR 71998
Official depository for records of the Arkansas Baptist State Convention. See the every-name index to association records through the year 1900 (PDF). The index can be downloaded for off-line research.
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Randolph County, Arkansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists : United States of America, 10th ed., (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002), p. 70.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/d/d7/Arkansasnz.pdf.
|This Arkansas-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.