Rankin County, Mississippi GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Rankin County Mississippi genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
Rankin County Courthouse
211 E Government Street
Brandon, MS 39042
Phone # 601-825-2217
Rankin County; 211 E Government St; Brandon, MS 39042; Ph. 601.825.1469 Details: (Clk Chan Ct has div, pro & land rec from 1829)
Places / Localities
Seven Incorporated cities
Brandon incorporated in 1831; population >17,317
Pearl incorporated in 1973; population>21961
Florence incorporated in 1905; also known as Steen's Creek; population >2400
Flowood incorporated in 1953; population >5000
Pelahatchie-named from Choctaw word meaning 'crooked creek, incorporated in 1904; population 1500
Puckett community; population 400
Richland incorporated in 1975; >6000'
For tips on accessing Rankin County, Mississippi Genealogy census records online, see: Mississippi Census.
Brandon Baptist Church
First Baptist Church of Brandon
Community Christian Church
New Life Christian Fellowship
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints-Brandon Ward
St. Luke's Episcopal Church, Brandon
- 1858-1927 - St. Luke's Episcopal Church, Brandon, Baptism Index 1858-1927. Batch C714341 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1842-1921 - St. Luke's Episcopal Church, Brandon, Marriage Index 1842-1921. Batch M714341 at FamilySearch - free.
Crossgates United Methodist Church
First United Pentecostal Church
Briarwood Presbyterian Church USA
Lakeside Presbyterian Church, E.P.C.
- Family Maps of Rankin County, Mississippi Genealogy (land patent maps) at HistoryGeo.com ($). Free surname search.
- Civil War service men from Rankin County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Rankin County.
- - 4th Regiment, Mississippi Cavalry
- Company E - Ramsey’s Company
- - 10th Regiment, Mississippi Infantry (Old)
- Company G - Rankin Rifles
- - 10th Regiment, Mississippi Infantry (New)
- Company H - Rankin Rifles [also listed as Co. A]
- - 6th Regiment, Mississippi Infantry
- Company A - Rankin Rough & Readies
- Company B - New Guard
- Company I - Rankin Greys
- 1828-1923 - Rankin County Marriage Books 1-15 and A-E Index 1828-1923 in International Genealogical Index at FamilySearch - free.
Societies and Libraries
Rankin County Historical Society
P.O. Box 841
Brandon, MS 39043
Brandon Public Library (601)825-2692
Central Mississippi Regional Library System (601) 825-0100
G. Chastaine Flynt Memorial Library (601) 919-1911
Pelahatchie Public Library (601) 854-8764
Reservoir Library (601) 992-2539
Richland Public Library (601) 932-1836
Family History Centers
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/f/f2/Igimississippip.pdf.
|This Mississippi-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News