Rappahannock County, Virginia Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Line 84:||Line 84:|
==== Census ====
==== Census ====
Revision as of 17:42, 1 March 2012
|Rappahannock County, Virginia|
Location in the state of Virginia
Location of Virginia in the U.S.
Rappahannock County, Virginia
238 Gay Street
P O Box 116
Washington, Virginia 22747
Clerk Circuit Court has marriage, divorec
probate & Court Records
from 1833 Land Records from 1818 &
some personal property
records from 1834
The county is named after the Rappahannock River.
- Lost census: 1890
Freedmen's Bureau Letters or Correspondence, 1865-18721
- Tombstone Transcription Project Rappahannock County - cemetery transcriptions - USGenWeb
For tips on accessing Rappahannock County, Virginia Genealogy census records online, see: Virginia Census.
1890 Union Veterans
- Turner, Ronald Ray. Virginia's Union Veterans: Eleventh Census of the United States 1890. Available online, courtesy: Prince William County Virginia website. [Includes residents of this county.]
Several genealogies have been published about Rappahannock County families. To view a list, visit Rappahannock County, Virginia Genealogy.
- A Census of Pensioners for Revolutionary or Military Services: With their Names, Ages, and Places of Residence, as Returned by the Marshalls of the Several Judicial Districts, Under the Act for Taking the Sixth Census]. 1841. Digital version at Google Books. 1967 reprint: FHL Collection 973 X2pc 1840. [See Virginia, Eastern District, Rappahannock County on page 133.]
War of 1812
Virginia, Civil War Service Records of Confederate Soldiers 1861-1865
Virginia, Civil War Service Records of Union Soldiers 1861-1865
- List of Pensioners on the Roll, January 1, 1883; Giving the Name of Each Pensioner, the Cause for Why Pensioned, the Post-Office Address, the Rate of Pension Per Month, and the Date of Original Allowance... Washington, D.C.: Government Printing Office, 1883. FHL Collection 973 M2Lp v. 5; digital versions at Google Books and Internet Archive. [See Vol. 5, Virginia, Rappahannock County, p. 100. Identifies War of 1812 veterans living in this county in 1883.]
Virginia, Historical Society Papers, 1607-2007
- [Gibson] Davis, Bruce G. "Gibson Family Bible, Rappahannock County, Virginia," The Virginia Genealogist, Vol. 14, No. 4 (Oct.-Dec. 1970):163-164. Available at FHL; digital version at New England Ancestors ($).
Will Book A, 1833-1842 (digital images) Virginia Pioneers ($)
Will Book B, 1842-1849 (digital images) Virginia Pioneers ($)
Will Book C, 1849-1855 (digital images) Virginia Pioneers ($)
Will Book D, 1855-1866 (digital images) Virginia Pioneers ($)
- "A Guide to the Counties of Virginia: Rappahannock County," The Virginia Genealogist, Vol. 21, No. 3 (Jul.-Sep. 1977):220-222. Available at FHL; digital version at New England Ancestors ($).
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Rappahannock County, Virginia USGENWEB
- Family History Library Catalog
- Virginia Pioneers Virginia Pioneers ($)
Learning How to Edit our Wiki Sites
Family History Hall of Fame
"May we preserve their memories & Contributions!"
Needed information on Rappahannock Historians and Genealogist
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).