Rappahannock County, Virginia Compiled GenealogiesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Main article: Rappahannock County, Virginia
Has anyone studied my Rappahannock County, Virginia family before?
Rappahannock County, Virginia Genealogy Books and Articles
It is anticipated that this bibliography will eventually identify all known family histories published about residents of this county. Use this list to:
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
- Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
- Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
- [Ambler] Pecquet du Bellet, Louise. Some Prominent Virginia Families. 4 vols. 1907. Reprint, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing, 1976. FHL Film 1036136 see also FHL Collection. Index: FHL Book 975.5 D2p index. Digital versions available online: Vol. 2 | Vol. 4 | Index. All four volumes have been digitized by Ancestry ($).
- [Amiss] Ray, Laura Collison. The Amiss Family of Amissville, Rappahannock and Culpeper County, Virginia. Washington, D.C.: L.C. Ray, 1952. FHL Collection 1303284
- [Baggerly] Chase, Addie Bell Baggerly. Descendants of John Baggerly (ca. 1700-1770) of England -- to Montgomery County, Maryland, 1746 and His Son John Baggerly (1737- ) of Maryland and Culpepper (now Rappahannock) County, Virginia, Sometime After 1776. Typescript, 1955. FHL Film 1035568 Item 6.
- [Brown] Burgess, Jane F. "William Brown (1758-1843) of Culpeper and Rappahannock Cos., Va., and His Children," The Virginia Genealogist, Vol. 46, No. 3 (Jul.-Sep. 2002):202-221. Digital version at American Ancestors ($); FHL Book 975.5 B2vg v. 46
- [Burton] Harrison, Francis Burton. Burton Chronicles of Colonial Virginia: Being Excerpts from the Existing Records, Particularly Relation to the Burtons of the Valley of the James and Appomattox; with Especial Reference to the Ancestry of Jesse Burton of Lynchburg (1750?-1795). Hartford, Ky.: Cook & McDowell Publications, 1979.
- [Duncan] Dobson, Mary Ann Duncan. Duncan Research Files of Mary Ann (Duncan) Dobson. MSS. 1975-1999. FHL Film 795593 Item 2 Includes Rappahannock County Duncans.
- [Johnson] Yancey, Dennis J., Don Coulsby, et al. "Johnson Family of Culpepper and Rappahannock, Va.," Yancey Family Genealogical Records Collection of Material. MSS. 1995. FHL Collection 1598293 Item 8
- [Mills] Hackett, John Davis and Kathryn Dickerson Shannon. "Mills Families of Virginia," The Virginia Genealogist, Vol. 35, No. 3 (Jul.-Sep. 1991):215-228; Vol. 35, No. 4 (Oct.-Dec. 1991):284-296; Vol. 36, No. 1 (Jan.-Mar. 1992):34-48; Vol. 36, No. 2 (Apr.-Jun. 1992):109-119. Digital version at American Ancestors ($). FHL Book 975.5 B2vg v. 35 (1991)-v. 36 (1992).
- [Nethers] Noyes, Mary Nethers and Thelma Yowell Coppedge. Line of Arnold Nethers & Ellen Hoffman, Sarah Nethers & Walker Jenkins, Lucy Ann Nethers & Silas Jackson Monroe, Rebecca Nethers & Pascal Jenkins Rappahannock, Culpeper, and Madison Counties, Virginia. 3 vols. Oshkosh, Wisconsin: M.N. Noyes & T.Y. Coppedge, 1980. FHL Collection 929.273 N382nc
- [Randolph] Hill, Christianna and Mary Katherine Hill. History of Mrs. Mary Randolph of Virginia. Typescript. Microfilmed 1978: FHL Film 1036139 Item 25.
- [Yancey] Yancey, Dennis J., Don Coulsby, et al. "Johnson Family of Culpepper and Rappahannock, Va.," Yancey Family Genealogical Records Collection of Material. MSS. 1995. FHL Collection 1598293 Item 8