Raymond Alberta Family History CentreEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Centre, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Centre Contacts and Hours
- 46 W 200 N Raymond, Alberta T0K 2S0 Canada
- The entrance to the centre is on 50 W round the corner from 200 N. There is limited parking at the back of the centre.
Phone: (403) 752 4142
E-mail: AB_Raymond@ldsmail.net (Nestor Martinez Centre Director)
- Monday: 9am to 1 pm
- Tuesday: 10am to 12 Noon Indexing Training and Support
- Tuesday: 1pm to 5 pm
- Wednesday: 10am to 1 pm and 6pm to 9 pm
- Thursday: 1pm to 9pm
- Friday: 9am to 1 pm
Holiday Schedule: Closed on Saturday, Sunday and Statutory Holidays
General Research Training is held the first Tuesday each month at the Family History Centre Starting at 7:00 pm
"5 Jan 2016 How to get started in Family History Dick Robertson"
"2 Feb 2016 Organizing Your Family History and Making A gedcom Shirley Cooper"
"1 Mar 2016 Using the Internet for Family History Mabel Peters"
"5 Apr 2016 Proper Sourcing Nestor Martinez"
"3 May 2016 Reading Old Scripts Faye Geddes"
"7 June 2016 Research in Switzerland David Tyler"
"5 July 2016 Advanced Research in England Celia Tyler"
"2 Aug 2016 Family Tree - an update Nestor Martinez"
"6 Sept 2016 Ancestry.com - an update Kelly Jensen"
"4 Oct 2016 Findmypast - an update Celia Tyler"
"1 Nov 2016 MyHeritage - an update Sydna Ascione"
"6 Dec 2016 Finding Your Family in London Dave Tyler"
The Second Tuesday of the month is used for Family History Consultant Training. This Class starts at 7:00 pm.
Tuesday morning s from 10:00 am to Noon (12:00pm) is reserved for Indexing. Please contact the Stake Indexing Director: Sister Nina Hamon for further information.
Family History Center Staff:
Next Staff Meeting will be at 7:00 pm on February 16, 2016. All staff are pleased asked to be in attendance
We currently hold over 3,000 microfilms, a further 3,000 microfiches and an extensive library of books covering many areas of the world.
- FamilySearch Catalog: This centre has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This centre has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the centre to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- We have 17 computers with Internet access, 6 microfilm readers, I microfiche reader, as well as a microfilm and a flatbed scanner, a photocopier, and three printers.
Staff Research Specialties
In addition to the United States and Canada, we have staff members with specialist knowledge of research in England and Wales, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latin America, The Netherlands, Portugal, Scotland, Spain, Sweden and The Ukraine, including the ability to read records in the relevant languages.
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
Town of Raymond Alberta: Link
Where is Raymond: Link
Volunteer at the Centre
We are currently looking for someone with experience in Japanese research.
- This page was last modified on 27 January 2016, at 19:23.
- This page has been accessed 1,585 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News