Richardson County, Nebraska GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Richardson County, Nebraska genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Richardson County, Nebraska|
| Map of Nebraska highlighting Richardson County|
Location in the state of Nebraska
Location of Nebraska in the U.S.
|Founded||November 23, 1854|
|County Seat||Falls City|
|Address|| Richardson County Courthouse|
1700 Stone Street
Falls City, Nebraska 68355
Richardson County Courthouse
1700 Stone St Falls City, NE 68355
County Clerk has birth and death records from 1918.
County Judge has marriage records from 1800’s,
probate and court records.
Register of Deeds has land records
Clerk District Court has divorce records. 
1854--Richardson County was created 23 November 1854 as an original county. County seat: Falls City 
- Atchison County, Missouri
- Brown County, Kansas
- Doniphan County, Kansas
- Holt County, Missouri
- Nemaha County, Kansas
ARCHER CEMETERY - Archer was the first county seat of Richardson County, Nebraska Territory. It was settled in 1854-55 and was located 3 1/2 miles northeast of Falls City in Section 36, Township 2, NR 16 also known as Ohio Township. Archer Cemetery is all that remains. Earlier graves were not marked and many were reinterred in other cemeteries.
For tips on accessing Richardson County, Nebraska Genealogy census records online, see: Nebraska Census.
Early migration routes to and from Richardson County, Nebraska Genealogy for European and African American settlers included:
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Richardson County, Nebraska page 434, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ National Park Service, "(Auto Tour Route) Maps" in Oregon National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/oreg/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).
- ↑ National Park Service, "(Auto Tour Route) Maps" in California National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/cali/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).
- ↑ National Park Service, "Auto Tour Route Maps" in Mormon Pioneer National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/mopi/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).
|This Nebraska-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.