Ridgecrest California Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Ridgecrest Family History Center is here to assist you in searching out your ancestors. The Center is designed to provide the resources you need to do your research. The area that the Center serves includes eastern Kern County.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 1031 S Norma St Ridgecrest CA 93555 United States
- Northwest corner of Bataan and Norma.
- Drive to the parking lot on the west side.
- Ring the bell for entrance near the double doors on the west side of the building.
- Wednesday:9:00am-3:00pm and 6:00pm-8:00pm
- Thursday:9:00am-3:00pm and 6:30pm-8:30pm
Closed July 3rd 4th and 5th 2014, closed 12:00pm-3:00pm July 8th 2014: Closed November 11th 2014: Closed November 25th 26th 27th 28th and 29th 2014: Closed December 23rd 2014 through January 5th 2014: Reopens January 6th 2014:
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Internet sites that may be accessed include: www.familysearch.org, new.familysearch.org, deathindexes.com, germanroots.com/vitalrecords.html, findagrave.com, usgenweb.org, wiki.familysearch.org, fhlfavorites.info, godfrey.org, worldvitalrecords.com
- Microfiche records include: Microfiche Reference Collection, Accelerated Index System, Family Registry, and Periodical Source Index
- Microfilms include: patron films on indefinite loan, and asian microfilm card catalog
- Printed materials include: a small collection of books of genealogical interest, research guides, and forms
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. At this Center fhc.familysearch.org followed by Premium Family History Websites (Center Access Only) provides free patron access to: 19th Centruy British Library Newspaper Digital Archive, Access Newspaper Archive, Alexander Street Press - The American Civil War, Ancestry.com, Find My Past, Footnote.com, The Genealogist, Genline FamilyFinder, Godfrey Memorial Library, Heritage Quest Online, Historic Map Works Library Edition, Paper Trail, and World Vital Records.
- Prior legacy FamilySearch capabilities include: Ancestral File, International Genealogical Index, US Social Security Death Index, US Military Death Index, Scottish Church Records, Personal Ancestral File (which program for organizing your genealogical records, can be downloaded for free over the Internet), Ellis Island Immigration Records, 1880 US Census Index, and Freedman's Bank Records.
- Pedigree Resource Files 1 - 149
Hardware and Equipment
- (Include the resources you have to help individuals do their research - computers, microfilm readers, printers, etc. )
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.) <fck:hr>
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.) <fck:hr>
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.) </fck:hr></fck:hr></fck:hr></fck:hr></fck:hr></fck:hr>
- This page was last modified on 29 October 2015, at 22:38.
- This page has been accessed 1,500 times.