Ringgold County, Iowa GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Ringgold County Iowa genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Ringgold County, Iowa|
Location in the state of Iowa
Location of Iowa in the U.S.
|Founded||February 24, 1847|
|County Seat||Mt. Ayr|
1847--Ringgold County was created 24 February 1847 from unorganized territory. It was attached to Taylor and Appanoose Counties prior to organization 31 January 1855. County seat: Mt. Ayr 
See an interactive map of Iowa boundary changes.
June 8, 1858 -- a cyclone blew down the courthouse. For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
- Burned Counties Research in FamilySearch Wiki
- Michael John Neill, Burned Counties in Family History Circle
- Ringgold County, Iowa Obituary Collection Free from GenealogyBuff.com. From Various Funeral Homes in the Mount Ayr and Ringgold County area.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Family History Library Catalog
- Ringgold County, Iowa Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Ringgold Co. IAGenWeb Project
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
|This Iowa-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.