Riverton FamilySearch Library/Group Visits
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Line 28:||Line 28:|
== [https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dHBMOEF4VnZhbjhfbzVzenlCeWtISmc6MQ ..//] ==
Revision as of 19:08, 7 September 2011
Individuals, organizations, and other groups are welcome to visit and schedule a group presentation at the library. If you would like to bring a group to visit, please give us advanced notice of your planned visit so that we can ensure that the proper staff, classrooms, floor space, and resources are available.
Bookings and Visit Preparation
- Please do not come to the library with more than 8 people without a group reservation. This ensures that staff, building facilities and computers will be available to support your group in its objectives.
- All requests for groups should be made using the link to the online form below. No telephone reservations will be accepted. Each request will be confirmed or denied by email. If the preferred date is not available one of the alternate dates you request will be selected and confirmed. Please do not bring a group to the library when a reservation has been denied.
- When making a reservation, please select an activity from the following options:
- Introduction to the FamilySearch Library and Desktop
- Introduction to Indexing
- Introduction to new FamilySearch
- Preparation for Pioneer Treks
- Introduction to Family History (ages 8 - 12)
- Evening presentations will begin either at 6:15 or 7:15 p.m. and last for one hour and fifteen minutes. Daytime reservations will be accepted for any time between 9:30 a.m. and 4:00 pm.
- Youth groups are asked to provide one adult for every four youth. Adults accompanying youth groups should prepare to actively participate with their youth. For example: If the youth will participate in Indexing, then each adult in the group needs to be registered and have some experience with Indexing before the visit. Local family history consultants may help with this or the library will provide a one hour preparatory training class for adults who will accompany youth groups.
- In order to access new FamilySearch or Indexing, each person needs to be registered and obtain a user ID and password BEFORE THEY COME. Please help each person register online before the group visit and remind them to bring their login information with them. Again, local family history consultants may help or visitors can go online to https://ldsaccount.lds.org for instructions on how to register.
- If your group is attending for an orientation of the FamilySearch Library, the library staff hopes to have every person who visits find at least one document relating to their ancestors during the visit. To accomplish this, each person should bring a name, birth date, and place of birth for at least one relative who lived between 1900 and 1930.
- Any refreshments should be consumed in the cafeteria.
- Groups should conclude their visit, including any time for refreshments, no later than 8:45 pm.
Click here for the On-Line Registration Form: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dHBMOEF4VnZhbjhfbzVzenlCeWtISmc6MQ
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback