Riverton FamilySearch Library/Group Visits
From FamilySearch Wiki
m (moved Riverton FamilySearch Library/Tours & Group Visits to Riverton FamilySearch Library/Group Visits: Better description of page.)
Revision as of 19:42, 14 March 2012
The Riverton FamilySearch Library is pleased and eager to offer the opportunity for individuals, organizations, and others to schedule a group visit to our library. We offer a variety of options that are sure to provide interest to your group.
Please review the following guide lines for scheduling a group visit. Scroll to the end of this page for the link to submit a request for a group visit after reading the information below.
- Group Size: Because of our staffing, regular patrons, facility and equipment limits we limit the total of visitors in groups to 85 per session. This can be a single group or multiple groups meeting separately or combined. Please do not come to the library with more than 6 people without a group reservation. This ensures that staff, building facilities and computers will be available to support your group and their objectives.
- Request Procedure: All requests for group visits should be made using the link below for the online registration form. Telephone reservations are not accepted. Each request will be confirmed by email within 1-2 days, please check for your confirmation and reply to it acknowledging your agreement with and receipt of it. If your preferred date is not available, one of the alternate dates you request will be selected and confirmed. If none of your dates are available you will be advised to submit a new request. Because we often are at scheduled capacity, please do not bring a group to the library on a night your reservation has not been confirmed.
- Available Times: Evening group visits (Tue, Wed, & Thu) will begin either at 6:00 PM or 7:15 PM. and all visits will last for one hour and fifteen minutes. Daytime reservations (Mon thru Sat) will be accepted for any time between 9:30 AM and 4:00 PM. Groups need to conclude their visit, including any time for refreshments, no later than 8:45 PM.
- Refreshments: If you would like to serve refreshments as part of your group visit, please make a notation in the remarks of the registration form so we can coordinate the requests. Refreshments are only allowed in the building cafeteria.
- Supervision: Adults accompanying youth groups should prepare to actively participate with their youth. For example: if the youth will participate in Indexing, then each adult in the group should be registered and have some experience with Indexing before the visit. Local family history consultants are an excellent resource to bring with your group and will provide continuity after your visit.
- Printing: Copies of any documents found during your visit can be printed at the library for a nominal charge. Print cards can be purchased at our Welcome Desk with either a $2.00 or $5.00 credit on them. Additional incremental amounts can be added to them at any time. Black and white, letter size copies are $0.05 each. Color prints are $0.30 for letter size (8½” by 11”) or $0.60 for tabloid size (11” by 17”).
Important for a Successful and Rewarding Visit
LDS Account Login: Very Important! Each LDS Member of the group needs to have an LDS Login Account before coming to the Library. Please have them log into https://ldsaccount.lds.org or another church account site to make sure their Username and password are working.
LDS Account Registration: For members who don’t have a current account, have them register for one prior to your visit. They can do this by going to https://ldsaccount.lds.org and clicking on the Register for an LDS Account button on the right side of the screen and entering the necessary information, which includes their church membership number and birth date. Their membership number is on their temple recommend or can be provided by their ward clerk.
Personal Family History Information: Except for Indexing visits, please have everyone attempt to create a personal Pedigree Chart with as much family information as possible.
Specific Goal or Objective to Accomplish: Each group should have an idea or goal, before they arrive, of what they would like to accomplish during the visit to our library.
Selecting the Group Presentation: Select from the following options. We are not able to combine presentations in a single visit and suggest that you schedule additional times for other topics of interest.
Group Visit Options: The first six options include a short presentation in one of our meeting rooms with the remainder of the time in the library.
1. Introduction to the FamilySearch Library An overview of our facility,web site, and tools, applications, and equipment available in and from our library and on the computer’s desktop.
2. Introduction to New FamilySearch
A demonstration of the functions, features, and use of the information available in New FamilySearch.org to church members to find what is currently known regarding their ancestors along with a demonstration of the popular 9 Generation Fan Chart creation.
3. Research Quick Start
A focused presentation demonstrating popular research web sites to find specific information on your ancestors.
4. Introduction to Indexing
An overview of the why and how of indexing and a demonstration of the indexing application for indexing in the library or at home.
5. Preparation for Pioneer Trek
A presentation on how to find and identify a pioneer ancestor and then look for required temple ordinances for family members in New FamilySearch.
6. Introduction to Family History (ages 8 - 12)
An overview of our facility, web site, and tools, applications, and equipment available in and from our library and on the computer’s desktop from a young person’s perspective
7. Group Visit without a Presentation
Is for those who have been trained or oriented but want to schedule a time where group members can go directly to the library and make use of the computers with our staff assistance as needed.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback