Roanoke County, Virginia Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Line 27:||Line 27:|
Revision as of 21:25, 8 November 2011United States Virginia Virginia Genealogy Roanoke County Genealogy
- Main article: Roanoke County, Virginia
It is anticipated that this bibliography will eventually identify all known family histories published about residents of this county. Use this list to:
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
- Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
- Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
The Virginia Room at the Roanoke Public Library includes Surname Files. A list of families in this collection is available at the library's website.
- [Brown] Martin, John Robert. Berryman Brown of Roanoke County, Virginia and Clinton, Dade and Ozark Counties in Missouri. St. Joseph, Mo.: J.R. Martin, 1957. FHL Collection 929.273 B812mjr
- [Duncan] Dobson, Mary Ann Duncan. Duncan Research Files of Mary Ann (Duncan) Dobson. MSS. 1975-1999. FHL Film 795593 Item 2 Includes Roanoke County Duncans.
- [Peyton] Peyton, John Lewis. Memoir of William Madison Peyton, of Roanoke: Together with Some of His Speeches in the House of Delegates of Virginia, and His Letters in Reference to Secession and the Threatened Civil War in the United States, etc., etc.. London: J. Wilson, 1873. FHL Collection; digital version at Ancestry ($).
- [Reynolds] Adair, Ethel Marr. Family Group Records Collection; Patrons Section; Reynolds and Related Families of Roanoke Co., Virginia Miscellaneous Family Group Records. Microfilmed 1956. FHL Collection 284730
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback