Robeson County, North Carolina GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Robeson County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
Robeson County Courthouse
500 N Elm Street P O Box 22
Lumberton, NC 28358
Register of Deeds has b rec from 1913
marriage records from 1787
death records from 1915
and land records from 1799, Clerk Superior Court has divorce
and court records from 1920 and probate records from 1868
Many of the court records are missing.
- Dillon County, South Carolina
- Horry County, South Carolina
- Marlboro County, South Carolina
For tips on accessing Robeson County, North Carolina Genealogy census records online, see: North Carolina Census.
- [Book] Enter into his gates : history of the First Presbyterian Church, Maxton, North Carolina, 1878-1958 - available online via the Eastern NC Digital Library
- [Book] First Baptist Church, Lumberton, North Carolina; one hundred years of Christian witnessing, 1855-1955 - available online via the Eastern NC Digital Library
- [Book] Year book and directory of the Rowland Presbyterian Church, Rowland, N.C. - available online via the Eastern NC Digital Library
- Robeson County College Students - a name list of students at various NC colleges with identified hometowns in the county; via NCGenWeb Yearbook Index
- Flora McDonald College yearbooks - from 1921-1961; via the Internet Archive
- Presbyterian Junior College yearbooks - from the mid 1930s - 1960s; via the Internet Archive
- UNC-Pembroke yearbooks - from the 1940s to the 1980s; via the Internet Archive
- [Book] Flora McDonald College - published by Ralph Walter Page in 1920
It is anticipated that this bibliography will eventually identify all known family histories published about residents of this county. Use this list to:
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
- Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
- Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
- [Lewis] Lewis, J.D. My Neck of the Woods: The Lewis Families of Southeastern North Carolina and Northeastern South Carolina. Little River, S.C.: J.D. Lewis, 2002. FHL Book 929.273 L585Ljd; CD-ROM no. 1036
- Misc county deeds - transcriptions submitted to the NCGenWeb Archives
- Maps of Robeson County - online map images via the NC Maps collection
Civil War service men from Robeson County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies and regiments that were formed with many men from Robeson County.
- - 51st Regiment, North Carolina Militia, Company F
- Newspapers published in Robeson County - a listing of newspapers published in the county & libraries that hold them; via the Library of Congress.
- Misc. newspaper articles - submitted to the NCGenWeb Archives
- Robeson County residents in the newspaper - name listing of people from the county as located in misc. newspaper articles; time span varies. Articles indexed in the NC People in the Papers database.
- Misc. Robeson County wills - transcriptions submitted to the NCGenWeb Archives
Uncertified copies of vital records can be ordered for a small fee from the Register of Deeds. Please visit their website for more information.
- North Carolina Births and Christenings, 1866-1964 - search this name index to birth, baptism and christening records from the state; via FamilySearch
- Robeson County Marriages - via NCGenWeb
- Misc. Robeson County Marriages - submitted by users to the NCGenWeb Archives
- North Carolina Marriages, 1762-1979 - search this database of marriages from across the state - images included; via FamilySearch
- Robeson County marriages - may be included throughout Carrie Broughton's 6-volume index of the Raleigh Register & State Gazette newspaper (1799-1893). Marriages are listed by year and PDF files are searchable. Available on the North Carolina Digital Collections website.
- Misc. Robeson County Obituaries - via the Durham County NCGenWeb Archives
- North Carolina Death Certificates, 1906-1930 - search a statewide collection of freely available death certificates - images are included; via FamilySearch
- North Carolina Deaths & Burials, 1898-1994 - search death records from across the state; via FamilySearch
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Robeson County NCGenWeb - free genealogy resources; part of the national USGenWeb Project
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Robeson County, North Carolina. Page 512 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).