Robeson County, North Carolina GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Robeson County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
Robeson County North Carolina
500 N Elm Street P O Box 22
Lumberton, NC 28358
Reg of Deeds has b rec from 1913
m rec from 1787
d rec from 1915
& land rec from 1799, Clk Sup Ct has div
& ct rec from 1920 & pro rec from 1868
Robeson was created from Bladen 18 Nov 1786
Many of the court records are missing.
- Dillon County, South Carolina
- Horry County, South Carolina
- Marlboro County, South Carolina
For tips on accessing Robeson County, North Carolina Genealogy census records online, see: North Carolina Census.
- [Book] Enter into his gates : history of the First Presbyterian Church, Maxton, North Carolina, 1878-1958 - available online via the Eastern NC Digital Library
- [Book] First Baptist Church, Lumberton, North Carolina; one hundred years of Christian witnessing, 1855-1955 - available online via the Eastern NC Digital Library
- [Book] Year book and directory of the Rowland Presbyterian Church, Rowland, N.C. - available online via the Eastern NC Digital Library
- Robeson County College Students - a name list of students at various NC colleges with identified hometowns in the county; via NCGenWeb Yearbook Index
- Flora McDonald College yearbooks - from 1921-1961; via the Internet Archive
- Presbyterian Junior College yearbooks - from the mid 1930s - 1960s; via the Internet Archive
- UNC-Pembroke yearbooks - from the 1940s to the 1980s; via the Internet Archive
- [Book] Flora McDonald College - published by Ralph Walter Page in 1920
It is anticipated that this bibliography will eventually identify all known family histories published about residents of this county. Use this list to:
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
- Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
- Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
- [Lewis] Lewis, J.D. My Neck of the Woods: The Lewis Families of Southeastern North Carolina and Northeastern South Carolina. Little River, S.C.: J.D. Lewis, 2002. FHL Book 929.273 L585Ljd; CD-ROM no. 1036
- Misc county deeds - transcriptions submitted to the NCGenWeb Archives
- Maps of Robeson County - online map images via the NC Maps collection
Civil War service men from Robeson County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies and regiments that were formed with many men from Robeson County.
- - 51st Regiment, North Carolina Militia, Company F
- Newspapers published in Robeson County - a listing of newspapers published in the county & libraries that hold them; via the Library of Congress.
- Misc. newspaper articles - submitted to the NCGenWeb Archives
- Robeson County residents in the newspaper - name listing of people from the county as located in misc. newspaper articles; time span varies. Articles indexed in the NC People in the Papers database.
- Misc. Robeson County wills - transcriptions submitted to the NCGenWeb Archives
Uncertified copies of vital records can be ordered for a small fee from the Register of Deeds. Please visit their website for more information.
- North Carolina Births and Christenings, 1866-1964 - search this name index to birth, baptism and christening records from the state; via FamilySearch
- Robeson County Marriages - via NCGenWeb
- Misc. Robeson County Marriages - submitted by users to the NCGenWeb Archives
- North Carolina Marriages, 1762-1979 - search this database of marriages from across the state - images included; via FamilySearch
- Robeson County marriages - may be included throughout Carrie Broughton's 6-volume index of the Raleigh Register & State Gazette newspaper (1799-1893). Marriages are listed by year and PDF files are searchable. Available on the North Carolina Digital Collections website.
- Misc. Robeson County Obituaries - via the Durham County NCGenWeb Archives
- North Carolina Death Certificates, 1906-1930 - search a statewide collection of freely available death certificates - images are included; via FamilySearch
- North Carolina Deaths & Burials, 1898-1994 - search death records from across the state; via FamilySearch
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Robeson County NCGenWeb - free genealogy resources; part of the national USGenWeb Project
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).