RootsTech 2012Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The second RootsTech conference will be held in Salt Lake City February 2-4, 2012.
The conference is designed to bring technologists together with genealogists, so they can learn from each other and find solutions to the challenges they face in family history research today.
RootsTech is sponsored by FamilySearch and several genealogy and technology partners.
- Visit the official RootsTech conference page and the Lanyrd RootsTech social conference directory page for more details and links to write-ups and slide decks.
RootsTech 2012 features 3 keynote speakers.
- Thu. Jay Verkler - President and CEO, FamilySearch International
- Fri. Josh Coates - CEO of Instructure, and founder of Mozy.
- Sat. Tim Sullivan - President and CEO of Ancestry.com (also Ancestry.com Panel)
To learn more about each of the keynote speakers, visit the Keynote Speakers page on the Rootstech website.
Classes at Rootstech 2012 are organized into two tracks: Developers (TD) and Users (TU). In addition, there will be multiple luncheon events, unconference sessions and workshops (TW). Sessions are listed at the RootsTech site and on the Lanyrd social conference directory.
Official Conference Bloggers
RoosTech invited 17 genealogy bloggers to serve as Official Conference Bloggers.
- Jill Ball - Geniaus
- Lisa Louise Cooke - Genealogy Gems Podcast
- Amy Coffin - We Tree Genealogy Blog
- DearMYRTLE - DearMYRTLE
- Dick Eastman - Eastman's Online Genealogy Newsletter
- Holly T. Hansen - Family History Expos
- The Ancestry Insider - AncestryInsider
- Thomas MacEntee - Geneabloggers
- Sue Maxwell - Granite Genealogy
- Joan Miller - Luxegen Genealogy
- Lorine McGinnis Schulze - Olive Tree Genealogy
- Randy Seaver - Genea-Musings
- Nancy Shively - Gathering Stories
- Schelly Talalay Dardashti - Tracing the Tribe
- James Tanner - Genealogy's Star
- Julie Cahill Tarr - GenBlog
- Renee Zamora - Renee's Genealogy Blog
The free Exhibit Hall will be open on each of the three days
- Thursday 10:00am – 6:00pm
- Friday 9:30am – 5:00pm
- Saturday 9:30am – 3:00pm
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback