Roscommon County, MichiganEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Roscommon County Michigan genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Roscommon County, Michigan|
Location of Michigan in the U.S.
|Founded||April 1, 1840|
|Address|| Roscommon County Courthouse|
500 Lake St.
Roscommon, MI 48653
Phone: (517) 275-5923
Roscommon County Website
County Clerk has birth and death records from 1874, military,
divorce, probate, court and land records from 1875. 
1840--Roscommon County was created 1 April 1840 from Mackinac County. Formerly Mikenauk county, until name changed to Roscommon 8 March 1843. It was attached to Mackinac, Cheboygan, and Midland Counties prior to organization 20 March 1875. County seat: Roscommon 
Civil War service men from Roscommon County served in various regiments. Men often joined a regiment or a company (within a regiment)that originated in their county. Listed below are the military units that were formed in or had many men from Roscommon County.
- Michigan Birth Registrations, 1867-1902 -- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch Record Search. Records include such information as name of child, birthdate and place, if still-born, illegitimate or twin, gender, race and record number.
- Michigan Marriage Registrations, 1868-1925 -- Free name indexes at FamilySearch Record Search. Records include such information as names of bride and groom, date of license, ages, race, residences, birthplaces, occupations and names of the fathers of the bride and groom.
- Michigan Death Registrations, 1867-1897-- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch Record Search. Records include such information as name of deceased, date and place of death, gender, color, marital status, age in years, months and days, disease or apparent cause of death, birthplace, names and occupations of parents, and the date the record was made.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Roscommon County, Michigan page 350, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback