Roscommon County, Michigan GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Michigan-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Roscommon County Courthouse
500 Lake St.
Roscommon, MI 48653
Phone: (517) 275-5923
1840--Roscommon County was created 1 April 1840 from Mackinac County. Formerly Mikenauk county, until name changed to Roscommon 8 March 1843. It was attached to Mackinac, Cheboygan, and Midland Counties prior to organization 20 March 1875. County seat: Roscommon 
Civil War service men from Roscommon County served in various regiments. Men often joined a regiment or a company (within a regiment)that originated in their county. Listed below are the military units that were formed in or had many men from Roscommon County.
- Michigan Birth Registrations, 1867-1902 -- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch Record Search. Records include such information as name of child, birthdate and place, if still-born, illegitimate or twin, gender, race and record number.
- Michigan Marriage Registrations, 1868-1925 -- Free name indexes at FamilySearch Record Search. Records include such information as names of bride and groom, date of license, ages, race, residences, birthplaces, occupations and names of the fathers of the bride and groom.
- Michigan Death Registrations, 1867-1897-- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch Record Search. Records include such information as name of deceased, date and place of death, gender, color, marital status, age in years, months and days, disease or apparent cause of death, birthplace, names and occupations of parents, and the date the record was made.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News