Russell County, Kentucky GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
|Creelsboro||Indian Hills||Old Olga||Salem|
|Freedom||Long Bottom||Rowena||Webbs Cross Roads|
Kentucky cemetery records often identify birth, death, relationship, and military information, as well as religious affiliation. Local volunteers through Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness may take photographs of headstones found in county cemeteries.
- Kentucky Historical Society Cemetery Search can be searched by name, place and/or date. This database has hundreds of thousands of names transcribed from gravestones across Kentucky.
- Find A Grave can be searched by the name of a person or family to find where a person is buried. Usually gives birth and death dates often with a picture of the tombstone. May give obituaries, names of family members and links to their information in Find A Grave.
- Find A Grave also gives a list of cemeteries in Russell County and links to the information for the individuals buried there,
- Kentucky Cemeteries lists the national cemeteries in Kentucky with links to their web sites. The first link under Online Kentucky Cemeteries goes to the Kentucky section of Interment.net
- Russell Co. KY USGenWeb Tombstone Project usually gives the names of the deceased in alphabetical order by last name with birth and death dates plus any remarks.
- The Family History Library Catalog lists some records of cemeteries in Russell County. Some of the books or others may be on Google Books or available at public libraries.
- ePodunk list of Russell County cemeteries gives the names of the cemeteries in the county with a link to more information such as address, phone number, and web site.
The organization Strictly By Name provides free online indexes to early Russell County land records. They offer a record retrieval service to photocopy and transcribe microfilm copies of the original documents for a small fee. Available indexes:
The organization Strictly By Name provides free online indexes to early Russell County probate records. They offer a record retrieval service to photocopy and transcribe microfilm copies of the original documents for a small fee. Available indexes:
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog