Rutland County, VermontEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Rutland County Courthouse
83 Center Street, Rutland, VT 05701-4017
Secretary of State Office, Montpelier has birth, marriage,
and death records 1760-1955 and divorce records 1760-1968;
Town Clerks have land records from 1826; County Clerk has
land records 1779-1826 and court records; Probate Court has
Towns Organized Before 1800:
Fair Haven 1779,
Middletown Springs 1784,
Mt. Holly 1792,
Mt. Tabor 1761,
West Haven 1792
- Created 22 February 1781 from the Colonial lands. 
Places / Localities
There are two Rutland County Probate Districts
- Rutland District - Brandon, Chittenden, Clarenden, Danby, Ira, Mendon, Middletown Springs, Mount Holly, Mount Tabor, Pittsfield, Pittsford, Rutland, Sherburne, Shrewsbury, Tinmouth, Wallingford and West Rutland.
- Fair Haven District - Benson, Castleton, Fair Haven, Hubbardton, Pawlet, Poultney, Sudbury, Wells and West Haven.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library catalog for Rutland County
- The Rutland County VTGenWeb Project, an member of The VTGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Rutland County
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Rutland County, Vermont. Page 699 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.