Rutland County, Vermont GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Rutland County Courthouse
83 Center Street, Rutland, VT 05701-4017
Secretary of State Office, Montpelier has birth, marriage,
and death records 1760-1955 and divorce records 1760-1968;
Town Clerks have land records from 1826; County Clerk has
land records 1779-1826 and court records; Probate Court has
Towns Organized Before 1800:
Fair Haven 1779,
Middletown Springs 1784,
Mt. Holly 1792,
Mt. Tabor 1761,
West Haven 1792
- Created 22 February 1781 from the Colonial lands. 
Places / Localities
There are two Rutland County Probate Districts
- Rutland District - Brandon, Chittenden, Clarenden, Danby, Ira, Mendon, Middletown Springs, Mount Holly, Mount Tabor, Pittsfield, Pittsford, Rutland, Sherburne, Shrewsbury, Tinmouth, Wallingford and West Rutland.
- Fair Haven District - Benson, Castleton, Fair Haven, Hubbardton, Pawlet, Poultney, Sudbury, Wells and West Haven.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library catalog for Rutland County
- The Rutland County VTGenWeb Project, an member of The VTGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Rutland County
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Rutland County, Vermont. Page 699 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News