Rutland County, Vermont GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Rutland County Courthouse
83 Center Street, Rutland, VT 05701-4017
Rutland County; 83 Center St; Rutland, VT 05701; Ph. 802.775.4394 Details: (Secretary of State Office, Montpelier has b, m & d rec 1760-1955 & div rec 1760-1968; Twn Clks have land rec from 1826; Co Clk has land rec 1779-1826 & ct rec; Pro Ct has pro rec) Towns Organized Before 1800: Benson 1780, Brandon 1761, Castleton 1761, Chittenden 1780, Clarendon 1761, Danby 1761, Fair Haven 1779, Hubbardton 1764, Ira 1781, Mendon 1781, Middletown Springs 1784, Mt. Holly 1792, Mt. Tabor 1761, Pawlet 1761, Pittsford 1761, Poultney 1761, Rutland 1761, Sherburn 1761, Shrewsbury 1761, Sudbury 1763, Wallingford 1761, Wells 1761, West Haven 1792 www.rootsweb.com/~vtrutlan/index.html
- Created 22 February 1781 from the Colonial lands. 
Places / Localities
There are two Rutland County Probate Districts
- Rutland District - Brandon, Chittenden, Clarenden, Danby, Ira, Mendon, Middletown Springs, Mount Holly, Mount Tabor, Pittsfield, Pittsford, Rutland, Sherburne, Shrewsbury, Tinmouth, Wallingford and West Rutland.
- Fair Haven District - Benson, Castleton, Fair Haven, Hubbardton, Pawlet, Poultney, Sudbury, Wells and West Haven.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library catalog for Rutland County
- The Rutland County VTGenWeb Project, an member of The VTGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Rutland County
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), 181. [FHL book 973 D27e 2002].