Sabine Parish, LouisianaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Sabine Parish, Louisiana|
Location in the state of Louisiana
Location of Louisiana in the U.S.
|Founded||March 7, 1843|
|Address|| 400 South Capital|
Many, LA 71449
Sabine Parish Police Jury
1227 Hwy 1218
(sponsored site by Sabine Parish Chamber of Commerce)
- Named for Sabine River and Sabine Free State (which existed 1806 to 1821 per agreement between Spanish Texas and United States after Louisiana Purchase. This area was a disputed area. - Wikipedia)
See an interactive map of Sabine Parish boundary changes.
Places / Localities
- Towns: Many | Zwolle
- Villages: Converse | Fisher | Florien | Noble | Pleasant Hill
Neighboring Parishes or Counties
- Louisiana African American Griots Project ~ USGenWeb Project
- Afrigeneas - African Ancestored Genealogy
- LA Tombstone Transcription Project ~ partial records and photos ~ USGenWeb Archives Project
- Interment.net ~ LA cemetery records by county
- African American Cemeteries ~ listing by county
- FindaGrave.com ~ cemetery records with search by cemetery, by surname
|Sabine Parish Census Data|
- Louisiana Census Images ~ USGenWeb Census Images Project
- USGW Digital Map Collection ~ USGenWeb Project
Civil War Battle
The following Civil War battle was fought in Sabine Parish.
- Map showing Civil War battles in Louisiana.
Louisiana Probate Records ~ information on.
Louisiana Records and Statistics Information ~ where and how to order information.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- LAGenWeb - Louisiana State Records
- USGenWeb ~ Records, Maps, Archives and Other Projects
- Louisiana Archives ~ USGenWeb Archives Project *Family History Library Catalog
- The Sabine County LAGenWeb Project, an member of The LAGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- Sabine Parish, Louisiana Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ United States Census Bureau. "Louisiana Population of Counties by Decennial Census: 1900 to 1990". http://www.census.gov/population/cencounts/la190090.txt. Retrieved 2008-02-02.
- ↑ Heritage Preservation Services, Civil War Battle Summaries by State, (accessed 8 August, 2012)