Salem Oregon East Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Address: 862 45th Ave NE, Salem, OR 97301
- Entrance: South parking lot. SE corner of the building. Sign on the door.
- Location on Map
- N44 56.510' W122 58.349'
Phone: (503) 371-0453; Director c: (503) 409-2679
E-mail: Director - firstname.lastname@example.org. Please start SUBJECT with "FHC -"
- TUE: 9-4pm
- WED: 2-9pm
- THUR: 11-3pm <--- Closed Temporarily
- FRI: 9-2pm
- 2012 - July 3 - July 16 CLOSED
Halloween - Weds 10/31, Regular hours: 2:00-9:00pm.
However, because of Halloween we will be open from 2:00-5:00. Closed from 5:00-9:00pm
- 2012 - Thanksgiving - closed 11/20 - 11/26
- 2012 - Christmas - closed 12/18 - 1/1/2013
Calendar and Events
[All classes are held at the Family History Center]
New FamilySearch - Basic; 7:00-8:00pm, Wed, Sept 19th. Instructor: Don Garrett
New FamilySearch - Advanced; 7:00-8:00pm, Wed, Sept 26th. Instructor: Don Garrett
Computer Basics for Genealogists; 7:00-8:00pm, Wed, Oct 3rd. Instructor: Don Garrett
Research Using FamilySearch.org; 7:00-8:00pm, Wed, Oct 10th. Instructor: Don Garrett
Beginning Genealogy 1 (of 2); 7:00-8:00pm, Wed, Oct 17th. Instructor: Diane Reinwald
Beginning Genealogy 2 (of 2); 7:00-8:00pm, Wed, Oct 24th. Instructor: Diane Reinwald
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- The Center has all of the necessary equipment for Family History Research. Below is a list of items available to patrons.
- 5 computers, with Internet access, for patron use.
- Each has the capability to print on a lazer printer (black, no color).
- There are 8 microfilm readers, most with magnification.
- There is a Canon microfilm/microfiche reader/printer for printing images.
- There are 2 microfiche readers.
- There is a lazer copier (black, no color).
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
Willamette Valley Genealogical Society at
the Oregon State Library http://www.oregon.gov/OSL/GRES/genealogy.shtml
Oregon State Archives, Genealogical Records http://arcweb.sos.state.or.us/pages/records/genealogy/index.html
Marion County Historical Society at the Willamette Heritage Center http://www.willametteheritage.org/LaRC/research_library.html
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)