Saline County, Missouri GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Saline County Missouri genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Saline County, Missouri|
Location of Missouri in the U.S.
|Founded||November 25, 1820|
|Address|| Saline County Courthouse|
101 E Arrow Street
Marshall, MO 63340
Saline County Website
County Clerk has birth and death records 1883-1885;
Marshall Public Library has cemeter and genealogy records
- See an interactive map of Saline County border changes at N2Genealogy.
- The State Historical Society of Missouri has information on historical Missouri place names for all 114 Missouri Counties.
- Antioch Cemetery, Liberty
- Blue Lick Union Church and Cemetery, Marshall
- Christ Lutheran Church Cemetery, Liberty
- Fairview Cemetery, Marshall
- Fairview Cemetery, Sweet Springs
- Heath Creek Cemetery, Blackwater
- Rose Valley Cemetery, Houstonia
- Sunset Hill Cemetery, Marshall
For tips on accessing Saline County, Missouri Genealogy census records online, see: Missouri Census.
A Portrait and biographical record of Lafayette and Saline counties, Missouri ... (1893) is available online free from Google Books. The first part of the book contains biographies of the U.S. presidents. The second part, starting on p.111, contains biographies Lafayette and Saline county residents.
Map of Saline County townships (Histopolis)
The University of Missouri Digital Library has digital copies of Missouri county plat books (ca. 1930) for all Missouri counties including Saline County. The city of St. Louis is not included in this collection.
Civil War, 1861-1865
Civil War service men from Saline County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies or regiments that were formed from men of Saline County.
- - 5th Regiment, Missouri Cavalry, Company D, which became Marmaduke's Escort Company, Missouri Cavalry
- Missouri State Archives provides on-line access to Missouri Death Certificates more than 50 yrs old starting in 1910.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Saline County, Missouri. Page 405 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
|This Missouri-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.