Salt Lake City, Utah LDS Church Wards and BranchesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Original 19 Wards of Salt Lake City
These wards became part of the Salt Lake Stake, February 22, 1849.
Salt Lake City Stakes and wards within them (1930's)
Source for this section: Jenson, Andrew. Encyclopedic History of the Church. (Salt Lake City: Deseret News, 1941).
- Online through BYU Books. (Free) In the Text search box, type the town or unit name and click Go. Select page numbers (tiny) at the right to see the page.
- Also available through Ancestry.com ($).
- Ensign Stake:
- Boundaries: north and east to the mountains, south to 3rd South Street (or Liberty Stake), and west to Main Street
- Wards:Salt Lake City 11th, 12th-13th, 18th, 20th, 21st, 27th, Ensign, and University
- Granite Stake:
- Boundaries: north to 13th South St. (or Liberty Stake), east to the Wasatch Mountains, south to 27th South St. (or Grant Stake), and west to 5th East St. from 27th South St. to the Park City branch of the Denver & Rio Grande Western Railroad tracks, thence east along said tracks to 7th East St. and north along 7th East St. to 13th South St. (or Liberty Stake)
- Wards: Emerson, Forest Dale, Hawthorne, Highland Park, Lincoln, Nibley Park, Parleys, Richards, Sugar House and Wasatch
- Grant Stake:
- Boundaries: northward to 13th South St. (or Pioneer and Liberty stakes), eastward to 7th East St. (or Granite Stake), south to the Cottonwood Stake and west to the Jordan River (or Oquirrh Stake)
- Wards: Belvedere, Burton, Central Park, East Mill Creek, Hillcrest, Jefferson, McKinley, Miller, Southgate, Wandamere, Waterloo, Wells, Whittier and Wilford
- Liberty Stake:
- Boundaries: north to 3rd South St. (or Ensign Stake), east to the mountains, south to 13th South St. (or Granite and Grant stakes), and west to Main St. (or Pioneer Stake)
- Wards: Salt Lake City 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 8th, 9th, 10th, 31st, 33rd, Emigration, LeGrand, Liberty, and Yale
- Pioneer Stake:
- Boundaries: north to 3rd South St. (or Salt Lake Stake), east to East Temple St. (or Liberty Stake), south to 13th South St. as far west as the Denver & Rio Grande Railway tracks, and (further west) to 21st South St. (or Grant Stake), and west to the Oquirrh Stake
- Wards: Salt Lake City 4th, 5th, 6th-7th, 25th, 26th, 30th, 32nd, Brighton, Cannon, Poplar Grove, and the Mexican Branch.
- Salt Lake Stake:
- Boundaries: north to the Davis County line (or South Davis Stake), east to North State St., City Creek Canyon and Main St., Salt Lake City, (or Ensign Stake), south to 3rd South St. (or Pioneer Stake), and west to the Great Salt Lake
- Wards: Salt Lake City 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 19th, 22nd, 23rd, 24th, 28th, 29th, 34th, Capitol Hill, and Center
Wards in Salt Lake City (1930's)
Salt Lake City 1st, 2nd, 3rd, Liberty Stake · 4th, ·
11th, 12th-13th, Ensign Stake · 18th, Ensign Stake · 20th, 21st, Ensign Stake · 27th, Ensign Stake ·
Belvedere, Grant Stake · Burton, Grant Stake · Central Park, Grant Stake · East Mill Creek, Grant Stake · Emerson, Granite Stake · Ensign, Ensign Stake · Forest Dale, Granite Stake · Hawthorne, Granite Stake · Highland Park, Granite Stake · Hillcrest, Grant Stake · Jefferson, Grant Stake · Lincoln, Granite Stake · McKinley, Grant Stake · Miller, Grant Stake · Nibley Park, Granite Stake · Parleys, Granite Stake · Richards, Granite Stake · Southgate, Grant Stake · Sugar House, Granite Stake · University, Ensign Stake · Wandamere, Grant Stake · Wasatch, Granite Stake · Waterloo, Grant Stake · Wells, Grant Stake · Whittier, Grant Stake · Wilford, Grant Stake ·
Wards organized later (1930's-about 1948)
The following wards were found from a search of the FamilySearch Library Catalog, accessed January, 2013. Each is linked to the Catalog. No attempt has been made to learn their parent wards, stakes, or boundaries.
- For additional resources, see Church History Library.
Other History Resources
Many wards or branches appointed members to compile a history. Copies may be in the ward library or in homes of members. Some contain biographical sketches of members of the ward at the time of compilation.
The following have not yet been linked, most may be in towns other than Salt Lake City. (This tells me we need an alpha list for SL County - to do via Exel)AdkinsWH 20:50, 28 January 2013 (UTC)
Airport Branch · Arbor · Bennion · Beacon · Belvedere · Browning · Bryan · Burton · Cannon · Central Park · Colonial Hills · Columbus · Cottonwood · Cummings · Douglas · Duncan · Edgehill · Edison · Eldredge · Emerson · Evergreen · Fairmont · Forest Dale · Garden Park · Granite Stake · Haven · Hawthorne · Highland Park · Hillcrest · Imperial · Jordan Park · Laurelcrest · Lincoln · Lorraine · Marlborough · McKay · McKinley · Mill Creek · Miller · Monument Park · Mount Olympus · Mountain View · Nibley Park · North Point Branch · Olympus South · Park Avenue · Parley's · Pleasant Green · Poplar Grove · Princeton · Redwood · Richards · Riverside · Riverview · Rosecrest · Rosslyn Heights · Salt Lake Tabernacle · Smith · Southgate · Spencer · Springview · Stadium Village Branch · Stratford · Sugar House · Sugar House Stake · Waterloo · Yalecrest · Valley View · Wandamere · Wasatch · Webster · Wells · Whittier · Wilford · Winder ·