Salt Lake Holladay South Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
This is a locally operated Family History Center serving the Holladay, Holladay North, Holladay South and Valley View areas of Salt Lake County, Utah.
- Our center's services are free and open to the public.
- We invite all who are interested in family history to visit our center.
- We will print you a 24" color fan chart of your ancestry to show you where further reserach is needed.
- Our center has a microfilm reader for patrons use. The microfilms can be ordered online from the Family History Library Catalog for delivery to our center for your use.
Family History Center volunteers can show you how to use the center’s resources. To make your visit most effective, collect and organize the information you already have. Bring as much information as you have about the ancestor you wish to research, including available birth, marriage and death information. FHC staff can help you use that information to begin creating a Family Group Record.
High-quality videos are available for the rookie genealogist and the seasoned veteran alike. The Genealogy in 5 Minutes playlist demonstrates how, in just a few minutes, individuals with little or no genealogy experience can make some headway on their family’s history. Getting Started & Five Minute Genealogy
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
Address: 4917 South Viewmont, Holladay, Utah 84117
- We are located in the east end of the building directly across from the ball field. If the door is locked, ring the doorbell just left of the Multi-Stake sign.
- Map: Salt Lake Holladay South Family History Center
|M - 11:00 am - 2:00 pm||Linda Leper||278-4859|
|T - 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm||Betty Jo Bronson||277-3102|
|W - 9:00 am - 11:30 am||Helen Collins||278-6643|
|W - 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm||Dick Parker||273-0789|
|W - 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm||Bill Wittlesey||272-3928|
|H - 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm||Don Racine||466-4015|
|ANY DAY - ANY TIME||Bill Wittlesey||
Family History Center Directors:
Richard and De Ann Swinyard 278-2170 558-7116
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films available through the Family History Library Catalog. To have your films sent to our center, locate the "Holladay South Stake Family History Center" and then select our center for delivery of your films when ordering. You will recieve an e-mail when your film(s) arrive at our center.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. These include:
- 19th Century British Library Newspaper Digital Archive
- Access Newspaper Archive
- Alexander Street Press - The American Civil War: Research Database, Letters and Diaries, Images, Photographs, Posters and Ephemera
- ArchivDigital Online
- Find My Past
- Fold3.com (Previously known as Footnote.com)
- The Genealogist
- Godfrey Memorial Library
- Heritage Quest Online
- Historic Map Works Library Online
- Paper Trail
Hardware and Equipment
- 8 Computers
- 1 Microfilm Reader
- 2 Printers
- WIFI access for personal laptops
- Large format, color printer for printing beautiful fan charts
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings:
2nd Tuesday of each month, 7 - 8 p.m.
Staff Research Specialties
- Family Search has produced and continues to provide professional on-line classes for Family History research. These classes include research in the following countries: Australia, Canada, England, Europe, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Scandinavia, Spain and The United States. Additionally, you will find focused skill level classes for Advanced, Beginner, and Intermediate research and more!
- One-On-One Assistance
Volunteer at the Center
Contact us if you would like to volunteer a few hours each week as a consultant in our Family History Center.</fck:hr></fck:hr></fck:hr></fck:hr></fck:hr></fck:hr>
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News