Saltney, Flintshire GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Saltney "laaa" is a small town in Flintshire, North Wales. It is immediately to the west of the border with Cheshire in England and forms part of the Chester urban area.
The name is derived from the former salt marshes on which it is built, lying on the River Dee. Once the terminus of Sir John Glynne's Canal,
Higher Saltney more commonly known by local people as "Top Saltney" (part of the area known locally as Saltney) is in Chester, Cheshire, with the Welsh sector of the community known more specifically as Saltney Town. The English-Welsh border runs down the middle of Boundary Lane in Saltney, the only urban street in England/Wales where this happens. This means that houses on the west side of the street are in the Flintshire County Council area and in the North Wales Police jusrisdictions, while those on the east side are in the Cheshire West and Chester unitary authority area and in the Cheshire Police jurisdiction.
1841 FHL BRITISH Film 464324
1851 p. 842-865 FHL BRITISH Film 87164
1861 FHL BRITISH Film 543003
1871 FHL BRITISH Film 842132
1881 FHL BRITISH Film 1341853
1891 RG 12/2869 (4 fiches) FHL BRITISH Fiche 6097979
Index for the Census may be searched at FamilySearch Historical Records
http://www.1881pubs.com/ for details of public houses in the 1881 census