Sampson County, North CarolinaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Sampson County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
History of Sampson Co, NCGenWeb
1865--Early court records are missing partially caused by Federal sympathizers.
1921--Clerk's office fire. Early deed books of Duplin County prior to 1784 are listed herein.
Bibles pertaining to Sampson Co, NCGenWeb
Cemeteries of Sampson Co, NCGenWeb
Sampson Co cemeteries at Cemetery Census
Sampson Co. cemeteries at ePodunk
Sampson Co. cemeteries at Find-a-Grave
For tips on accessing Sampson County, North Carolina census records online, see: North Carolina Census.
1790 Census Index, Sampson Co, NCGenWeb
1800 Census Index, Sampson Co, NCGenWeb
1830 Census Index, Sampson Co, NCGenWeb
1840 Census Index, Sampson Co, NCGenWeb
1870 Census by Township, Sampson Co, NCGenWeb
- Beaver Dam. Established by 1789.
- Black River. Established by 1758.
- Cowhairy. Established by 1808.
- Great Cohara aka Rowan. Established 1759.
- Mingo. Established by 1808.
- Seven Miles. Established by 1808.
- Black River, near Ivanhoe, N.C. Organized 1740.
Deeds and Land Records; Sampson Co, NCGenWeb
Estates; Sampson Co, NCGenWeb
Miscellaneous Records: Administrators Sale, Court Minutes, Patents, Trials, Voters; Sampson Co, NCGenWeb
Wills; Sampson Co, NCGenWeb
- Families of Sampson Co,; Sampson Co, NCGenWeb
- Family Surnames;Sampson Co, NCGenWeb
- It is anticipated that this bibliography will eventually identify all known family histories published about residents of this county. Use this list to:
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
- Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
- Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
- [Lewis] Lewis, J.D. My Neck of the Woods: The Lewis Families of Southeastern North Carolina and Northeastern South Carolina. Little River, S.C.: J.D. Lewis, 2002. FHL Book 929.273 L585Ljd; CD-ROM no. 1036
- Sampson County Deeds, 1783 - present -- the Register of Deeds has scanned in all county deeds and made them available online. An index is available.
Township Map for Sampson Co, NCGenWeb
More Maps at Sampson Co, NCGenWeb
Military Records at Sampson Co, NCGenWeb
Includes records for the American Revolution, War of 1812, Civil War, World War II and Vietnam.
Civil War Confederate units - Brief history, counties where recruited, etc.
Obituaries at Sampson Co, NCGenWeb
Photographs relating to Sampson Co, NCGenWeb
- Pre-1790 - Pre-1790 Sampson County, North Carolina Wills stored at the North Carolina State Archives are online - free. Website tips.
- 1782-1965 - Will Books A and 1 to 15 (1782-1965) have been digitized by FamilySearch - free.
- Individual Marriages at Sampson Co, NCGenWeb
- Executions at Sampson Co, NCGenWeb
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Sampson County, NCGenWeb - free genealogy resources; part of the national USGenWeb Project.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Sampson County, North Carolina. Page 512 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 George Washington Paschal, History of North Carolina Baptists, 2 vols. (1930; reprint, Gallatin, Tenn.: Church History Research and Archives, 1990), 1:305, 491. FHL Book 975.6 K2p 1990.
- ↑ Perhaps located in New Hanover County, or another name for Bull Tail, see: George Washington Paschal, History of North Carolina Baptists, 2 vols. (1930; reprint, Gallatin, Tenn.: Church History Research and Archives, 1990), 1:304-305. FHL Book 975.6 K2p 1990.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Lemuel Burkitt and Jesse Read, A Concise History of the Kehukee Baptist Association: From Its Original Rise Down to 1808 (1808), Chapter 16. Digital version at St Paul's Seminary website.
- ↑ "Black River Church," North Carolina Highway Historical Marker Program, http://www.ncmarkers.com, accessed 22 October 2012.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback