San Jose California Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The San Jose California History Center serves all of metropolitan San Jose and surrounding communities.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 4977 San Felipe Road, San Jose, CA 95135
- Use the parking lot closest to the road. Walk up the central walkway to the LDS Chruch and look for the FHC Sign.
- Map to the San Jose California History Center.
- Tuesday 9AM to 3PM
- Wednesday 7PM to 9PM
- Thursday 9AM to 3PM
- Saturday 10AM to 1PM
Holiday Schedule 2013: We will be closed 2/19, 3/30, 4/6, 5/25, 6/11, 7/4, 8/31, 10/5, 11/12,
11/26-11/30, and 12/21-1/1.
Calendar and Events
Spring 2013 Family History Class:
The Spring Family History Class will start on February 13, 2013, end on May 8, 2013, and held on Wednesdays from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM. The class schedule is: TBD
- Family History Library Catalog: This center is able to receive any of the films and fiche available through the Salt Lake Family History Library Catalog for viewing by patrons. Patrons may order films for delivery to the Family History Center online at www.familysearch.org/films.
- A catalog of all of the books, periodicals, CD's and extended loan microfilms and microfiche held by the San Jose Family History Center is available online
- San Jose Family History Center Catalog Search Page
- Bay Area Family History Centers Catalog Search Page
NOTE: When using the link to the Bay Area Family History Centers Catalog you are searching the catalogs of 15 family history centers. When you find a resource of interest, be sure to click on the "Show Copies " tab to see which location has the book, film. microfiche or CD you are interested in.
Databases and Software
Hardware and Equipment
- The Center has:
- 12 computers
- 8 Microfilm Readers
- 2 Microfiche Readers
- 1 Microfilm Scanner
- 1 Microfilm Printer
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
- The Santa Clara Valley Computer Genealogy Group is a local organization that focuses on the use of computers to aid in genealogical work.
- A complete list of online genealogical and research resources for Santa Clara County and the State of California can be found HERE.
- A complete list of web sites to all LDS Family History Centers in California can be found at the link "Category: California Family History Centers" below.
Volunteer at the Center
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback