Santa Clara County, California GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
18 February 1850: Santa Clara County was created as an original county. County seat: San Jose 
May 18, 1931: Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
Archives and Libraries
- Santa Clara County list of cemeteries
- Alta Mesa Cemetery, Palo Alto
- Madronia Cemetery, Saratoga
- Santa Clara Cemetery, Santa Clara
- Santa Clara Mission Cemetery
Please refer to populated places for individual cemetery information.
Church History and Records
LDS Ward and Branch Records: Gilroy, Los Gatos, Naglee (San Jose), Palo Alto, San Jose and Willow Glen (San Jose).
Land and Property
Military History and Records
The website for the Office of the Clerk-Recorder for Santa Clara County has information about how to request birth, death, and marriage records. They have births and deaths after 1873, marriages after 1851.
A considerable number of early marriages are listed on the Western States Marriage Index.
Societies, Libraries and Museums
Family History Centers
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers
- Los Altos California Family History Center
- Milpitas California Family History Center (San Jose)
- San Jose California Family History Center
- Santa Clara California Family History Center
- Santa Clara County CAGenWeb
- USGenWeb Archives
- USGenWeb Archives backup site
- FamilySearch Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).